Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'04 Crown Vic

jdevarie
06-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Hello, I just returned from the dealer which I inquired about trading my '04 malibu 4cyl for a '04 Crown Vic. I do not know much about these cars with the exception of understanding that there is a police interceptor version of them. This one has a V8 engine (4.6l I assume) and has leather interior. There is only one muffler tip in the back tough.
Can anyone tell me anything to watch for on this car? Any known issues? I drove it and it is like floating on air. It really has 6 times the punch my '04 malibu has.
Any info will be appreciated.
regards,
Jim

BiggerJon
06-21-2005, 04:17 AM
the police version have the same exact motor as the civi versions.

the pi does have better gears, dual exhaust, coolers, programming, suspension, etc...

you will love the car!

this is my 3rd one. if you want something a little more sporty and fast. try and find a 'handling performace pkg(hpp)' or an lx sport.

both of these pkgs come with most of the cool stuff the police pkg have... plus rear air suspension.

jdevarie
06-21-2005, 10:29 PM
the police version have the same exact motor as the civi versions.

Thank you BiggerJon, I did the swap and have the car now. The car is a '04 LX, single exhaust tough. The car is very quiet, I cannot even hear the engine during acceleration. It is ultra clean inside and out and drives excellent. I am very happy with the handling and feel on the road. This one came with the traction control and dual adjustable seats along with a CD/Tape radio.
I wish I could have gotten my hands on a sports package but it was not to be. I am also happy with the power although I also own a F250 Super Duty with a V10 engine that over powers this car slightly.
Bottom line, I am happy with it.
regards,
Jim

BiggerJon
06-22-2005, 10:06 PM
glad you like it!

i knew you would. :grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!