3rd straight final..runner up again.

chevytrucks92
06-19-2005, 09:35 PM
I made it to the finals again last night for the 3rd straight weekend. Wound up runner up again, which makes 2 weekends in a row. That final round had the makings to be a really good race too. I was dialed in 4.45 and the guy I raced was dialed 4.53-so not much of a handicap. And the race started out to be just that; he had a .505 reaction and I had a .506. But for some reason, my car ran way off its numbers, and he wound up getting an easy win.

Anyways, my stats from the run were: Dial: 4.45, .506 RT, 1.524 60', and 4.535 330 ET. So yeah, I fell off bigtime for some reason. I lost 2 hundredths in the 60' from the previous round (dialed 4.44, .506 RT, 1.505 60', and 4.453 330 ET) but I dont know where the rest of the time went. With similar 60s, the car ran anywhere from 4.47-4.49 earlier in the night, so I can't account for those extra 4-6 hundredths. Car wasn't missing and it felt like it pulled all the way through, so I guess it was just one of those racing deals, lol.

Oh well, I made it to a 3rd straight final and did all I could for the win (.506 RT). It didn't really matter anyways, because the run was just for bragging rights because we had already split the money. Fun night all except for mysteriously running 8 hundredths off my dial. But it wasn't just me that was having odd ball times for the night, so I want get too worried about it if everythign appears fine with the car this week when we check it over.

Cliff Notes:
-Runner up for 2nd straight weekend
-3rd straight final round
-car ran way off its numbers for some reason in the final, and showed no signs during the run of something being wrong.

-The Stig-
06-19-2005, 10:47 PM
You're a machine... nn shit!

hehe good job nonetheless!

chevytrucks92
06-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Lol. Thanks.

JekylandHyde
06-20-2005, 05:22 AM
Awesome run you have going ... If Hyde is ready in time, I am shooting for my 3rd victory in a row this upcoming weekend. We'll see.

I'm enjoying our back-n-forth successes ... I suspect you are as well :D

What do you win at your events?

-The Stig-
06-20-2005, 01:58 PM
The respect of his fellow racers... to some... thats more important!

:lol:

speedthrill
06-20-2005, 04:27 PM
you guys are the pro's

keep gong, i'll keep on listening and cheering :smokin:

chevytrucks92
06-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Awesome run you have going ... If Hyde is ready in time, I am shooting for my 3rd victory in a row this upcoming weekend. We'll see.

I'm enjoying our back-n-forth successes ... I suspect you are as well :D

What do you win at your events?

Yeah, its pretty awesome Jeff! Good luck to you this upcoming weekend as well! My track's not running on Saturday night this weekend due to a big dirt track race they are going to have, so the drag races are going to be Sunday. I haven't decided yet if I'm going or not, but if I do go, then I'm shooting for 4 straight finals!

But yeah, its awesome me and you both winning like we are!

As for what I get. First place pays $1000, runner up pays $500, and the semis pay $100, and the entry fee for my class is $40. However, most of the time, the two cars in the final split the 1st and 2nd place money. So for the past 3 weekends, I've split $1500 with whoever was in the final round with me, so I've got a total of $2250 over the past 3 weeks ($2450 for the past month becuase I came down to three cars 4 weeks ago and that paid $200 since there was an odd number of cars).

And I have gained respect from some of the regulars, lol. You see, this weekend was only the 17th weekend I've ever drove. Remember, I only started driving last season and I drove 10 weekends (or 10 races). I had 1 win and 2 semis last year, and so far this year (7 races in), I've got 1 win, 2 runner ups, and 1 semi. That respect does actually mean alot to me too! Its nice knowing that some of the guys thats been racing for 10 years or longer dread racing me even though I've not even drove an entire season yet, lol.

Good luck again though! I hope you take ya another one home!

tha_new_guy
06-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah, its pretty awesome Jeff! Good luck to you this upcoming weekend as well! My track's not running on Saturday night this weekend due to a big dirt track race they are going to have, so the drag races are going to be Sunday. I haven't decided yet if I'm going or not, but if I do go, then I'm shooting for 4 straight finals!

But yeah, its awesome me and you both winning like we are!

As for what I get. First place pays $1000, runner up pays $500, and the semis pay $100, and the entry fee for my class is $40. However, most of the time, the two cars in the final split the 1st and 2nd place money. So for the past 3 weekends, I've split $1500 with whoever was in the final round with me, so I've got a total of $2250 over the past 3 weeks ($2450 for the past month becuase I came down to three cars 4 weeks ago and that paid $200 since there was an odd number of cars).

And I have gained respect from some of the regulars, lol. You see, this weekend was only the 17th weekend I've ever drove. Remember, I only started driving last season and I drove 10 weekends (or 10 races). I had 1 win and 2 semis last year, and so far this year (7 races in), I've got 1 win, 2 runner ups, and 1 semi. That respect does actually mean alot to me too! Its nice knowing that some of the guys thats been racing for 10 years or longer dread racing me even though I've not even drove an entire season yet, lol.

Good luck again though! I hope you take ya another one home!
$2450....that is some BANK, man.

What class do you run in? And what are the regulations regarding that class? And when are you gonna start running races longer than 4 seconds.... :lol:

chevytrucks92
06-21-2005, 10:07 PM
$2450....that is some BANK, man.

What class do you run in? And what are the regulations regarding that class? And when are you gonna start running races longer than 4 seconds.... :lol:

Bracket 1, or Super Pro at NHRA tracks. Its the class that allows all electronic devices except track counters and down track stuttering. Go to your local track on a Saturday night and the class I run in will be the one that requires you to run 0-7.99 or 0-7.49 in the 1/8th mile.

The rules are under the Summit Sportsman general class rules, and what rules you have to meet are determined by how fast your car runs. At 1/8th mile tracks (where the races would be a little over 6.5 seconds for me), my car has to meet the 6.50-7.49 (or 10.00-11.49 for the 1/4) rules, and that is after market axels(that's only for cars that run under 7 seconds in the 1/8th), 4-wheel brakes, 5-point belts, roll cage, trans. shield, driveshaft loop, helmet, fire jacket, etc. etc. etc. They're several little things that I just can't remember. But basically, my car has to have all the safety equipment that a car that runs 0-6.49 (or 0-9.99 1/4-mile) with the exception of a mid-plate and parachute. Now this is all for the Summit Sportsman classes (bracket racing).

Some tracks' tech is really strict, and others its almost non-existant. But if you're car could meet the speed requirements (and of course tech requirements that are applicable to your speed), then you could enter in my class, even if it was a street car. Of course you'd be going up against cars that's ETs never vary much more then .01-.03 seconds all night, but you could enter, lol.

Add your comment to this topic!