Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'97 Lumina Vacuum Leak (Diagram Req.)

aliazhar
06-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Please help me to find the Vacuum line diagram of 97 lumina...i have a vacuum leak and in despret need of a diagram coz i got no idea of vacuum lines.

Thanks.

cadgear
06-19-2005, 07:55 PM
The only good a diagram will do you is point out what lines connect to the plenum. Actual routing beyond that is pretty much left for you to discover. Nonetheless, here's the official diagram from GM.
http://www.morpfhine.com/vac.gif
Image © 1997 General Motors

1. To fuel tank
2. EVAP canister (rear of vehicle)
3. EVAP Solenoid
4. PCV breather
5. Intake
6. Throttle Body
7. PCV Valve
8. FPR
9. To VacMod on transaxle
10. Intake Manifold (plenum)
11. Vac Accessory
12. Brake Booster
13. MAP Sensor

If you need additional help, just post. I'm sure one of us can help you out.

aliazhar
06-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks for your help friend....atleast its a point of start.

When i drive my car on hi-speed, the a/c starts sending the cooling from below, and stops the dashboard cooling.

I believe its a vacuum leak, (i am sure it is.)...i need to help to start working on finding it....if possible, please help me more on this.

Thanks.

cadgear
06-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Your problem sounds just like this one:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=420464
I'm willing to bet you've run into the same thing.

aliazhar
06-20-2005, 04:12 PM
ok friends.....after the plenum, the vacuum lines goes to a T-Junction, and from there one side goes to the dashboard, and the other side in my car is just hanging near the battery....its not connected to anything.....

actually i have bought this car 2 months ago...from a dealer.

any idea where the second hose goes to?....i think i am missing some parts here....can any one help me with the part number or the name of the part so i can get it from autozone?

Thanks.

cadgear
06-21-2005, 12:35 AM
It goes to the vacuum ball in the fenderwell, if that's missing you'll probably need to NAPA it or maybe dealer it. Junkyard's always an option too.

Add your comment to this topic!