Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

possible fuel pump problem

al0756
06-19-2005, 09:48 AM
I was driving my 94 s-10 blazer down the highway and it was running fine for about an hour. my engine just died completely on me. once i got to the side of the road i tried to start it again and it would crank over but wouldnt start. i beleive it is a fuel pump problem but want to be sure before i drop my gas tank. any imput would be most helpful. thank you

mobil_12
06-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Could be anything. Check your fuel pressure first. 1994...... is it a vortec engine? If so, i believe that you need 56psi just to open the injector valves. 55 psi wont do it, and the engine wont run. If you have no fuel pressure, try hitting the bottom of the tank with a rubber mallet. Some times, a jarring can break loose a mechanical failure and you can start the truck.

al0756
06-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Could be anything. Check your fuel pressure first. 1994...... is it a vortec engine? If so, i believe that you need 56psi just to open the injector valves. 55 psi wont do it, and the engine wont run. If you have no fuel pressure, try hitting the bottom of the tank with a rubber mallet. Some times, a jarring can break loose a mechanical failure and you can start the truck.

I do know there has been a small leak in the gas tank at the halfway mark i just never got around to fixing which was very stupid of me. that would probably most likely affect the pressure in the lines.

Add your comment to this topic!