TickingNoise tensioner or lifter

jban
06-19-2005, 08:22 AM
I have a 98 3.2 Rodeo, 92k miles on it. I have had a ticking noise lately, I have tried the oil cleaners on the market with my oil changes and it still has not fixed the problem. When I start up, I do not have any ticking noise. After about 10 15 min of driving it starts. I can shut the engine off and restart it and the noise goes away for a few min then back again. Does this sound like the tensioner is bad.
any help is better then none..

Cat Fuzz
06-19-2005, 10:48 AM
If the tensioner is tight in its bore then I can see that it might slowly move back out when the engine is shut off. Prolly slowly works its way back in as the engine runs. Get one of handy dandy tools. (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00945164000) You'll hear the tensioner noise on the timing cover on the right side.

bighops2000
06-20-2005, 02:08 AM
I took my rodeo to the Isuzu dealership about the tick to tell him that I think i need my lifters adjusted and I was told that the 3.2v6 doesnt even have lifters. Im not sure if he was trying to play me or not but the otehr mechanics back there pointed hjim out as the best isuzu mechanic in NC

Add your comment to this topic!