Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please help...1999 Acura CL 3.0

thinkpad_91
06-18-2005, 10:31 PM
hi everyone, i just purchased a 99 acura cl 3.0 from Florida, when I start it up it goes to 2000 rpms then back down to 1000 rpms, then back to 2000 rpms, keeps repeating this process. When I drive it, seems like the transmission studders when going really slow and when braking from fast speeds. I can floor it and the transmission is fine. Also, it idles steady when in Drive and Reverse...idles up and down in Park and Neutral...

i took it for another ride and turned the Air Conditioner all the way up, the idling goes steady at 1000 rpms and the trany does NOT studder at all and the car drives like new??? I live in Uniontown, Pennsylvania and the car just came from Florida, could this be the reason??? Someone told me to unplug the negative from my battery which i did for like 15 minutes but still the same thing, keeps idling up and down and trany studders. Maybe I should unplug the + and - overnight so the cpu resets??? I have a 3 month warranty on it but if anyone can help, it would be really appreciated. I'm still going to get it looked by acura. Thanks everyone for reading.

Privatebigandrew
07-24-2005, 08:50 AM
most likely an EGR problem or an IAC prob. Acura will point you in the right direction

Add your comment to this topic!