Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

big problem need help

c32b1 NSX
06-17-2005, 07:03 AM
i have a 94 miata and suddenly after a stop light my car accelerates really slow even when flat out. its speed is normal when u press the gas near halfway but beyond that the rpm just goes up at the same rate. can anyone help me out? thanks.

badboy916
06-19-2005, 01:18 PM
it sounds like a vacuum problem somewhere. check all of your hoses for a tear or small hole first, especially near the throttle body.

MazdaMech
07-23-2005, 06:50 AM
You have a defective cam/crank angle sensor---it is held on by two bolts at the back of the engine near the firewall, and controls the engine timing/advance during the throttle process of the vehicle acceleration. To give you temporary driveability, loosen the bolts, and turn the sensor completely to the left/passenger side (AS YOU ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE VEHICLE---FACING THE WINDSHIELD). The car should now be semi-driveable. If you need this part, email me---I'm parting out one of my Miatas :)

keichi
07-25-2005, 12:14 PM
u just probobly have a miss fire

badboy916
07-25-2005, 02:44 PM
u just probobly have a miss fire
A MISS FIRE>>>>DID YOU READ THE PROBLEM THIS GUY IS HAVING?

MazdaMech
07-26-2005, 02:29 AM
no kidding---come on! Of course it's a "miss fire" LOL. Thanks for the in-depth thought--why not just replace the spark plugs. That'll take care of it .LOLOLOLOL Get your wallet out, Keichi, and bet me a Jackson ($20.00).

neruos
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Loss of power during the acceleration process can be a few things.

bad/dirty plugs - weakness on initial demand spark
bad plug wires - weaknes on initial demand spark, machine test this
intake/intake filter - check for debre or holes
vacume - check for pinches or holes, machine test this
bad/water in gas - drive down to near empty, always use high test in miatas
gum/buildup - run an fuel injector clean on 3 gallans of fuel, take out on highway upto to 65/70, until 3 gallons are near gone to clean out.
clogged/bad fuel injecter - machine test this
weak alternator causeing system damping failure thru out engine process - machine this
clogged exhaust - snake or check, kids like to stick things in there with sticks so you cant see them

Add your comment to this topic!