Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

COS Auto, Meriden CT

Cl0ak
06-16-2005, 10:07 PM
I'll keep this short but just a heads up. COS Auto in CT. Off the Berlin Turnpike.

Purchased a 95 Trans Am from them, 62k miles. It was driven 40k miles and than they had it for 22k miles. They tell me its a 1 owner and has never been in an accident claimed it was babied and in perfect condition.

I buy it and have my mechanic check it out turns out that the car was wrecked and there is frame damage. Given a 2 page report of the problems listed including a bad waterpump and a hole in the exhaust, bald tires etc. The dealer says the waterpumps just leaking so they "fixed" it.

He claims the 2 inch rust hole in the exhaust is for "Drainage" and he claims the tires are not bald but replaces them anyway, they were well under the indictator line for being bald. He claims my mechanic is a liar and theres nothing else wrong with the car. He claims a full brake job was done when in fact only the front brakes were done.

He claims the oil was changed when in fact it was black and gunky still he just put a new sticker on the car. He sold me the car with a broken fog light with he claims they must have "missed" on the inspection, some safety inspection eh? The states attorney general was going to go after him for fraud however I had to trade the car in before they could get the dealer as I need reliable transportation to work and the car was experiencing problems. Lost a few grand in the process so watch out for him he's a little shady.

MagicRat
06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=Cl0ak]I buy it and have my mechanic check it out [QUOTE]

Shouldn't this be the other way around?

Still, the next time the cops pull me over for a rusty muffler can I tell them its for 'drainage'? :cwm27:

Add your comment to this topic!