Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

neeed help,possible turbo problem

dans-peedy
06-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Hy there.I'm new in this forum so please be patient with me!
My big problem this days is my '99 A4 quatro 1.8T. I found an oil leak in the pipe that comes from the turbo and goes to the intercooler(if i'm not wrong).I saw the leak on the flor and i just disconected the pipe that is right under the bumper,(front of the engine) and then oil came out from that. The wierd thing is that i don't see any smoke coming out the muffler,and i mean no skome at all,like everything is ok,and the car runs good ,too. If any of you guys could give me a hint on how to check if the turbo is running good. I can not think of something else than the turbocharger that could cause the leak,so i guess it has an internal damage.I could use some help with this turbo(k03 i belive it is),if you know where i can find parts for it.Thanks!

Torsen
06-16-2005, 02:41 PM
If the pipe goes from the intercooler to the turbo then thats a water pipe, I think. Anyway, I got a quote for servicing my K03 turbos. It was cheaper to get fully remanufactured turbos in exchange. I didn't do it though cos K04s are not much more money. A K04 would make your 1.8T fly(not literaly)

dans-peedy
06-16-2005, 04:00 PM
thanks for the advice! Do you know if the K04 bolts right on,and do i need to change the computers software or any kind of tunning? I belive the hose from the turbo to the intercooler is for air though because i didn't see any water ,just the oil leaking from the turbocharger, i guess.
You're welcome to give me some tips wher to buy a remanufactured good K03 or K04 charger if you know. Thanks a lot!

veedubmechanic
06-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Sounds like your oil seals in the turbo blew out =(
But that means big =) cuz its time for an upgrade... which is highly needed due to the underpowered 150hp stock car =(

Add your comment to this topic!