Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

just got a probe

JimR
06-15-2005, 12:41 PM
sup just got a 1996 Probe GT. it has the 2.5L MTX. i need to know how to ajust the clutch. and what size are the speakers in both the front and back. my sunroof will not open. and how do u change the front turn signels. the driver side mirror radels in the wind.

other then that i like the Car. only paid $1000.

shawnwilliams
06-16-2005, 02:09 AM
lol, good deal though. For the speakers i think its stock 5 in the front and 4X6 in the back. Is it power sunroof or pop-up sunroof? For the turn signals they just unscrew. And for the mirror if you take off the cover for the mirror on the inside you should find 3-4 screws just tighten them and put the piece back on.

JimR
06-16-2005, 02:25 PM
power sunroof changed the blown fuse but still dont work. and do you know how to ajust the clutch? and what should the car Idle at?

thx for all the help. i just sold my contour and bought this. i made 3k off of it so i still have 2k to spend on this one :)

NemesisGT
06-16-2005, 05:05 PM
the power sunroof problem could be the switch at the dome light or the control motor itself

JimR
06-16-2005, 05:49 PM
ok thx now my brake light is on.

i just let down the parking brake and it just stayed on what could be wrong?

anyadvice on changeing the rear brakes? and how much do the ABS sencors cost?

how much trans fluid does the 5spd have to empty and fill?

i have an odd problem too when i turn on my lights my dash lights go out.

last question where can i get probe parts cheap and reliable and a probe performance site?

Sun roof works; some how the wiring was diconected by the electric motor.

shawnwilliams
06-20-2005, 12:32 AM
ok thx now my brake light is on.

anyadvice on changeing the rear brakes? and how much do the ABS sencors cost?

how much trans fluid does the 5spd have to empty and fill?

i have an odd problem too when i turn on my lights my dash lights go out.

last question where can i get probe parts cheap and reliable and a probe performance site?

Sun roof works; some how the wiring was diconected by the electric motor.

aaaaaaaaaaa 1 diaster at a time.

You have a big wiring problem it probably you main ground which is messing up everything, get a pro to look at it and it should be a easy fix.

performanceprobe
07-01-2005, 01:24 AM
[QUOTE=JimR]ok thx now my brake light is on.

check your brake fluid,if thats ok,check the emer. brake switch,under the handle.
:smokin:

VlaDeMaN
07-13-2005, 12:16 AM
when you change the rear brakes, you will need a special tool, that compresses the piston and spins it at the same time.

the tranny takes about 2.8 quarts of fluid.

JimR
07-13-2005, 09:17 AM
i found the prob with my with my P Brake. there was a small piece of metal on the sensor in the counsol. now the light is gone.

i have just one question for you guys did you know that there is an order to bleeding your brakes? i didnt when i first tryed it so my back left would not work. its weird that there is and order if you ask me. i have done a lots of brakes. the order was Back Right, Front Left, Back Left, Front Right if i remember correctly.

VlaDeMaN
07-13-2005, 12:55 PM
that sounds right. you also might want to try RR, RL, FR, FL. the farthest calipers first.

Add your comment to this topic!