Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new system

n_samedi
06-15-2005, 12:53 AM
ok guys,
for now im just working on my speakers and no subs. i recently purchased a set of alpine SPS-170A speakers and im thinking of putting 2 in my deck, 2 in my door, and 2 in the rear. i would also like to put the SPS-170A in my dash. any thoughts? are these any good? ive heard that they're not that bad and i picked them on ebay for about 60 bucks. lets say i do go this route what would be a good amp to power these. keep in mind i dont want to spend more than $300. i did a little research on the forums and found that the profile HA1040 is fairly good for the price. but i donno if this would be too much power for my speakers. i am fairly noob so any suggestions would be helpful. thanks.

bumpinstang77
06-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Unless you have an SUV or HUGE vehicle all you need is one good component set and a decent amp.

n_samedi
06-15-2005, 11:31 PM
would u reccomend the profile amps?

bumpinstang77
06-15-2005, 11:59 PM
profile amps are pretty good amps for a low budget.....they put out solid clean power and seem to be pretty reliable. I would just stay away from the baja series. Go with the upper lines.

n_samedi
06-16-2005, 12:27 AM
thanks. i did some research on the forums and its kind of hard finding what you're looking for. i dont mean to be to be too repetitive by asking these questions but im unclear about a few things. so i purchased a coaxial set for my doors and am looking for a set for the dash and the rear. was my purchase a bad move? should i go component and why is it better? if so, i should power the front set with and amp and the rear with my HU? would i need a 4 channel or a 2? thanks again and by the way, i am replacing all of my speakers because they're stock and horrible.

n_samedi
06-16-2005, 12:41 AM
bump, just tell me what to get. lol. 6.75" in the rear and 3.5" in the front. 300 tops looking for an amp too. wait another idea: if the fronts are the ones i should focus on i can put the coax speakers i bought in the rear, and get a set of comps for the door and i donno what for the dash. oh btw, there are another set of 8" speakers in the deck. are these supposed to be woofers or mid bass or what? im confused cuz there is no enclosure. ill take pics tomorrow and post so u can see if u dont understand. if im annoying u dont have to answer lol.

bumpinstang77
06-16-2005, 12:41 PM
If you want you can put the coaxials in the back for rear fill and get a good component set for up front. Don't put anything in the dash just disconnect those speakers. It will screw with your imaging running more then one set up front. Hit up djdilliodon on AIM he's a dealer for CDT and can get you setup.

Add your comment to this topic!