Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replace Diesel Injector Pump

rdholt
06-14-2005, 09:18 PM
I just picked up an 82 Wabbit that's sick. She needs a new injector pump (hey it was $100, and the body is straight!) I can pick one up at a local bone yard for $75. I have the skill to put it in, though this is my first real diesel adventure... ( i drive a Golf TDI 2000 model...) Question... I know I will need a few Special Tools for the transplant, cam locking plate, locking pin for the Pump... Man these are expensive!, I work in a machine shop and can fabricate what I need if I had the dimensions... Any one have one they can measure (pretty accurately, calipers would be nice :-) ) Or any info on whare to pick up these cheap? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Ron

veedubmechanic
06-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Ebay... just type in "tdi timing belt tool"

Dont forget the vacuum pump to suck the fuel through the lines so you dont kill the battery cranking after replacement.

rdholt
06-17-2005, 02:09 PM
I found in a Haynes manual what to use if your cheap like me! A 5/8" shoulder bolt with the threaded part ground off works for the pump lock, and a 5/32" steel plate will lock the camshaft.... Just gotta spend the $75 for the pump... still only $175 invested...cool, just hope my 2000 Golf TDI doesn't get jealous!

Add your comment to this topic!