Why is my Rodeo Holding back?

perry8685
06-14-2005, 02:01 AM
I have a 94 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 3.2L and it doesn't like going over 3,000 RPM's! I have no clue what's wrong with it but it just started yesterday.
I noticed it when I downshifted into 2nd to climb a very steep hill with a 25 MPH limit! What it does is it accelerates fine up to 2,500 RPM's and then starts to hesitate but still accelerates incredibly slow with a bucking type of feel but at the same time a weak buck!

It's definately not normal but I also recently have been realizing that my engine is roaring a lot more and burning through oil like a wild fire through the woods.

Anyone have any ideas, pointers or definate answers?

Thank you
Perry

amigo-2k
06-14-2005, 10:48 AM
General tune-up for starters.

then I would test the cats.

PeteMcFraser
06-14-2005, 04:58 PM
My 1995 does the same thing. I've got an automatic, and after driving for abut 100+ miles continuously, my engine does the same. Feels rumbly when accelerating past 3,000 RPM, check engine light comes on, and tranny starts to slip. Sometimes even get big ol' puffs of black smoke. Fuel econ starts to drop to single digits, even on the highway.
I've taken it in to about 4 places, most of them say they think it's an electrical problem because the tranny works fine.
Have you had a diagnostic run yet?

Ramblin Fever
06-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Sounds to me like cat convertors, spark plugs, O2 sensors - on a 94, it wouldn't be unlikely.

For the 95 Rodeo, sounds to me like an alternator going bad, as well as an O2 sensor issue.

Add your comment to this topic!