Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

non insurance points affecting insurance!!!!

airtas
06-14-2005, 12:49 AM
two years ago I got a speeding ticket, went to court, and they reduced it to a non moving violation

they claimed it was TWO non insurance points ( yes wtf does that mean)

so now i am shopping for new INS and each time im about to purchase my quote, they bump up my estimate about 100 dollars stating because of that incident........did the court lie? or did they file something wrong?

knorwj
06-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Same thing happened to me. I got a speeding ticket about 4 years ago, went to court with it, had it reduced to a non-moving violation.

The judge himself and the officer involved even told me that i would have no points added to my licence and insurance would never know about it..... well a year later my insurance company sent me a letter saying something about 1 point on my licence from an incident the previous year. I didn't get an increase in rate so I didn't pursue it.

It had to of been from that incident because the only other time I got a ticket it was for having an air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror :mad: and the officer involved with that one said no insurance or points from that ticket (driver's view obstructed).

Add your comment to this topic!