My Lift Gate Lock Doesn't lock...

perry8685
06-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I have a 94 Isuzu Rodeo and love it minus it's few querks! My liftgate lock is currently out of commision! I realized this about a month ago and cannot figure out why. I've tried spraying it with WD-40 and it hasn't helped in the slightest. When I put the key in it, it does feel like the teeth are all pushing out the pins but it could be an effect that the lock guard is causing by pushing on the key when it goes in!

Anyone have any ideas or pointers?

Bonzmobile
06-13-2005, 11:31 PM
I had the same problem with my '93. Took about 6-8 healthy shots of WD-40, some light tapping on the button and lots of 'in/out' with the key and the less worn spare key. Finally it turned and works just fine now. Keep at it! Good luck.

perry8685
06-14-2005, 01:23 AM
I had the same problem with my '93. Took about 6-8 healthy shots of WD-40, some light tapping on the button and lots of 'in/out' with the key and the less worn spare key. Finally it turned and works just fine now. Keep at it! Good luck.

Thanks alot I'll keep trying to get it.

TPatti
06-16-2005, 11:45 PM
I have a 94 Isuzu Rodeo and love it minus it's few querks! My liftgate lock is currently out of commision! I realized this about a month ago and cannot figure out why. I've tried spraying it with WD-40 and it hasn't helped in the slightest. When I put the key in it, it does feel like the teeth are all pushing out the pins but it could be an effect that the lock guard is causing by pushing on the key when it goes in!

Anyone have any ideas or pointers?

It's poss. that the clip for the rod inside the door either broke or fell off.

Add your comment to this topic!