Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

vacuum diagram

capiakdavid
06-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Hello,

I am looking at a vacuum diagram for a 1998 Chevy Lumina with a 3.1L engine. Can anyone tell me what the "To accessory" hose that runs out of the intake manifold is connected to? It is disconnected from the manifold on my car and I can't find where this hose starts.

Thank you

Sarabellum714
06-18-2005, 03:12 PM
My lumina is a 96 and i am going coo coo :banghead: trying to figure out what it connects to. The diagram under the hood of the car defines it as acsry

However the other end of the vacuum hose is just sitting in my wheel well sucking in air I belive this is why my engine light has come on.
code P0441. If anyone could just check their car to see what it is connected too and get back to us that would be greatly appreciated

cadgear
06-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Verbatim of another post regarding this vacuum line;

"The vacuum accessory hose that goes to the vacuum ball is probably dryrotted away. The hose itself runs from the passenger side of the plenum to a check valve and then to a T fitting. From there the hose routes to the vacuum ball (on the driver's side, just forward of the fenderwell) and the firewall, going to your vac-elec solenoids (under the glovebox)."

Add your comment to this topic!