Looking to jack up my Rodeo 4-6"! Any ideas at low cost?

perry8685
06-12-2005, 11:49 PM
I have a `94 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2L V6 4x4 and I'm wondering how to lift the vehicle 4-6" safely but also trying to find the most cost effective way to do it! I'm not looking to replace the wheels or widen the track. I thought about having Air Bags installed but I'm not sure if this is a wise choice... however Air Bags would give me the firmer and more controlled ride which I'm looking for. Currently my shocks and rear leaf springs are weak and could stand to be replaced but I'm trying to avoid replacing the leaf springs if possible!

Any pointers or ideas?

Perry-

amigo-2k
06-13-2005, 12:19 AM
www.independent4x.com

Will have what you need.

Also, after you lift it you will need to replace the drive shaft too.

Ramblin Fever
06-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I've heard Bilstein shocks are fantastic for controlling ride, as well as off-roading.

perry8685
06-13-2005, 12:19 PM
:confused: Would I have to replace the leaf springs with the shocks or can I just replace the shocks? :confused: Is it possible to do airbags instead of shocks and leaf springs and if so, does anyone have knowlege in quality of air bags? :eek:

Thanks in advance,
Perry

amigo-2k
06-13-2005, 12:38 PM
You typically replace the spring hangers and the shocks.

Air bags? It would be a complete custom job since you do not have coil springs in the rear (cost probably about 2k).

For a basic lift and new tires, expect to pay 1000-1500 bucks.

perry8685
06-13-2005, 12:56 PM
You typically replace the spring hangers and the shocks.

Air bags? It would be a complete custom job since you do not have coil springs in the rear (cost probably about 2k).

For a basic lift and new tires, expect to pay 1000-1500 bucks.

I have a `94 GMC Suburban as Well and had air bags installed on it but I don't appreciate the quality of them. They do not hold the pressured correctly but also I did not get the auto adjust system!!! however when they are adjusted properly the vehicle is lifted about 2" and rides and handles like a dream! I did the upgrade on that without replacing the leaf springs and that's why I'm wondering if it's possible to do it on my truck!

amigo-2k
06-13-2005, 02:00 PM
well after doing a little searching that are products out there to help level off your truck. They are meant for towing and hauling heavy loads.

perry8685
06-13-2005, 02:23 PM
well after doing a little searching that are products out there to help level off your truck. They are meant for towing and hauling heavy loads.

Thanks for the response:
Come to think of it I did do the upgrade due to what the technician told me which is exactly what you just reinformed me. Is it possible to effect the integrity of the Rodeo negatively by doing this upgrade even though I would only tow my Sea Doo or Yamaha Wave Runner?

amigo-2k
06-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I don't think so. Just don't put as much air in the bags while not towing.

D-FOSSE
07-03-2005, 09:53 PM
you can crank your torsion bars in the front gives about 3-4"... in the back if your leafspring are under you axle like mine you need a flip kit gives you 4" (well gave me 4") so now you have 4" good not for me so i through a body lift on 3" total of 7" inches of lift it all ran me less $200.... $95 for flip kit, $135 for body lift have fun with it

D-FOSSE
07-03-2005, 09:54 PM
sorry my bad $45 for the flip kit

Add your comment to this topic!