Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

whats the difference

jonnyc4t
06-12-2005, 10:40 PM
i'm searching around for a body kit for my 1991 integ. i was going with the big mouth kit by west wings but then i looked further into it and i found this one...

http://www.andysautosport.com/bodykits.php?id=Ac90Integr&brand=Pure

i can't seem to find anyone that has this kit on their integ, however it looks identical to the black widow front bumper which looks like this...

http://www.andysautosport.com/bodykits.php?id=Ac90Integr&brand=Sense

does anyone know the difference between the two kits? because they look almost identical to me.

if anyone has any sites that have custom second generation integs on it please link me. i tried car domain but the majority of them are stock.

honda_racing101
06-12-2005, 10:50 PM
It's probably just a knock off, or a kit desinged to look like it.

CivicSpoon
06-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Yeah, there are a ton of kits that are like that. Just different companies making knock offs and call them by different names. There might be minor changes between each, but nothing major.

genkichild
06-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I've seen a lot of knock off Black Widdow kits with names like "Spyder" or something similar.

jonnyc4t
06-13-2005, 10:49 AM
so i'd probably be better off with the black widow front bumper rather than the other if i decide to go with this front?

genkichild
06-13-2005, 11:30 AM
well, if it were me, I'd try to find the cheapest one with the look I want that still uses a quality flexible compound, rather than just straitght glass. The trouble with cheap glass is that you will enevitably go up a curb and chip off a chunk.

jonnyc4t
06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
well, if it were me, I'd try to find the cheapest one with the look I want that still uses a quality flexible compound, rather than just straitght glass. The trouble with cheap glass is that you will enevitably go up a curb and chip off a chunk.

my brother drives a highly modded chrysler conquest and he said not to go with a fiberglass kit, because if i hit a curb or anything along the lines of it then it's not going to bend, but a piece will break off. so maybe i'll go with the "knockoff" seeing as how it's urethane and not fiberglass.

genkichild
06-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Yup, glass sucks. Flexible is better ^_^

faygo_freak
06-17-2005, 03:28 AM
the only way to get that kit is to go and buy the authentic black widow kit from ground designs 2000...knock offs are not worth it in the end

Add your comment to this topic!