Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b18c5 in 5th gen hatch

hatchman
04-17-2002, 07:01 PM
can anyone let me know what type of problems i can run into when putting a JDM integra type-r motor into a 5th gen hatch. my concern has to do with 2 things.....my car is currently obd1 and the type-r is obd2. and my second concern is that i was told because the engine is JDM its right hand drive so the plugs that come with it will be useless because they are on opposite sides. if anyone has answers to this problem please respond...i dont want to lose this engine if it will work...thanks in advance!!!

mellowboy
04-18-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by hatchman
can anyone let me know what type of problems i can run into when putting a JDM integra type-r motor into a 5th gen hatch. my concern has to do with 2 things.....my car is currently obd1 and the type-r is obd2. and my second concern is that i was told because the engine is JDM its right hand drive so the plugs that come with it will be useless because they are on opposite sides. if anyone has answers to this problem please respond...i dont want to lose this engine if it will work...thanks in advance!!!

Yes it will fit with no problem. I mean it doesn't matter about the plugs? I got a JDM motor for my crx and its all plug an play. The only thing u need to do is convert from obd1 to ob2 which i've been told its not hard to do at all. I've seen some 5th gen hatchies with a jdm type r swap. You should't have a problem dropping it in. Good luck:)

juncivicls
04-18-2002, 02:37 PM
to fit obd2 in your car i think you have to take the injector plugs off a obd1 wiring harness(worked on obd2 gsr swap into obd1 civic) and put them on your harness. the computer has to change, the obd2 doesnt plug in. get a chipped gsr computer to type r spec.
hope that helps and anyone correct me if i'm wrong!
pic of my car
http://students.washington.edu/juniperx/tom/tomscar.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!