Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hyde takes another 1st place (video inside)

JekylandHyde
06-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Well, I have finally done with Hyde what I set out to do.
I took 1st place in a drag race and 7 days later I took 1st place in an SCCA hill climb event.
Same car, same driver, different rims/tires and I managed to win two very different events.
I can't express how pleased I am.

I am so happy with Jeff Herstine (my mechanic), NoShoes Moore my tuner and all of my sponsors. I also really appreciate all of the support I get on here. Thank you all :)

Anyway, my friend in his turbo MR2 and I went at it all weekend. Not only did we swap who was running faster on each time up the hill, but we also kept destroying the hill record I set last fall of 63.2 seconds.

I ended today with a 61.1 and he went 62.2. What a close race.

I even got Hyde completely air born! All 4 wheels and I slammed my ass down enoguh to feel it in my tail bone.

Who wants to see an in-car video of that? :D
***warning 10+ meg download!***

Record run here (the "jump" happens around 57 seconds into it):
http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/images/weatherlyrecord611.mpg

CivRacer95
06-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Congratulations to you Hyde!! :thumbsup:

You deserve it entirely. Haven't watched the vid yet, but I'm very proud of you and the fact that you accomplished what you set out to do. Congrats again.

-The Stig-
06-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Nice run Jeff... althought parts of it looked like you were just out for a weekend cruise. Doesn't look like you're going all that fast...

But you are. :thumbsup:

chevytrucks92
06-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Thats awesome man. I wished I coudl watch the video, but it'd take all day and probably all night for me to d/l it now, lol.

I came in 2nd this weekend.

xXxRocker5150
06-12-2005, 09:57 PM
^ same here, I hate 56K, but good job man!

tha_new_guy
06-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Oh man, on a sports suspension, that jump must've rattled your bones.....:thumbsup:

Nice run, Guess it's time for the sponsors to step up their game since you've stepped up yours.

JekylandHyde
06-13-2005, 05:06 AM
Thanks CivRacer95 ;)

RedNeck383, the fastest runs often look slow because there is no "drama" ... if I was squealing around turns it would look fast, but I would be scrubbing off major speed. At some point, I'll get a bumper mounted cam and that will give a different perspective on the actual speeds ;)

chevytrucks92 (xXxRocker5150), congrats on your 2nd place. I uploaded the video on dial-up and t took about 45 minutes.

tha_new_guy, thanks and yes it did give me quite a jarring. I keep my sponsors up-to-date on what is going on. You can be assured that if my success continues that I will be compainging for more support for next season. It's the name of the game. ;)

JekylandHyde
06-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Check this out! ... a friend of mine took videos at the jump. I had already stopped racing for the day, but you can see my friend Fabio's MR2 go flying!
There is also a WRX that goes flying after his run.

See video here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~jshellhamer/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/weatherlyjump.asf

tha_new_guy
06-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Man, hillclimbs look like soo much fun....I did something similar to that illegally once in the SVX i used to have, biggest adrenaline rush ever! I, however, was constricted to one lane (most the time). Gotta look into hillclimbs in California, even if I'm not competitive. What time did Fabio run?

JekylandHyde
06-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Fabio's best was a 62.2.
Mine was 61.1.

We both got significantly faster.
Last year his best was 63.9 and mine was 63.2.

speedthrill
06-14-2005, 06:46 AM
congrats to you and Hyde. Let's toast this with a glass of champaigne shall we? Lol, wish we could. Anyway, yr making it. :smokin:

drftk1d
06-14-2005, 01:11 PM
:worshippy:

JekylandHyde
06-17-2005, 08:09 AM
62 drivers.
I was 7th fastest and MR24RE was 10th.
The only street car faster was Gordon Wise's twin turbo RX7 that puts down 380 rwhp and has the benefit of that pesky smaller turbo to get things rolling.

I think it's awesome that MR24RE and I beat a bunch of the open wheel cars :D

http://www.pahillclimb.org/Results/2005/2005_Spring_Weatherly.pdf

clawhammer
06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Can you like copy the first 10 results? Too lazy to get acrobat.

Add your comment to this topic!