1999 taurus a/c blows hot.

busa4
06-12-2005, 05:29 PM
hello all. i am seeking some help with the electronic a/c control on this 1999 taurus. today the wife complained of a/c blowing hot. i checked the a/c and the compressor is turning and the a/c fan is on. just in case the refrigerant was low i added and addition 12oz. no luck. it is still hot. i am thinking it is a blend door problem as i dont see what else it could be as the a/c compressor is turning. does anyone in here have knowledge on the hvac unit and where and what blend door motor needs to be replaced? i am assuming it is a motor and not a vacuum actuator due to the year. my haynes manual is pretty useless on this system.

gbic1
06-13-2005, 09:12 AM
I havent changed the blend door motor on a 99 but i have changed plenty of the older ones. It requires removal of the dash board. The motor is on top of the ac/ heater box and not easily accessed. Be very carefull whenn looking at the door the motor turns because many fords have problems with the door breaking and then the motor wont help you. The door has a square hole in it and the motor has a square driver. I have changed econolines, windstars, explorers and lincolns. I recommend changing the motor also if you find a broken door. Bad news is that some of the doors dont come seperatly and the whole a/c case is needed. Hope that helps.

denisb
06-13-2005, 11:11 AM
I know the low pressure switch is a common fault on these systems. Not to familiar with AC systems so I'm not sure if this could cause your problem. I've replaced, probably on average, 1 every two years on all my Fords. It's easy to swap out if you have another Ford handy. Top of the evaporator, unscrew and remove connector.

Denis

gbic1
06-13-2005, 12:09 PM
If low pressure switch is bad then compressor wont turn on.

busa4
06-16-2005, 07:23 PM
i found the problem. the blend door motor took a dump in the full heat setting. i ended up removing the radio to gain access to it. removed 3 of the 4 screws holding the motor in place (couldnt gain access to the 4th screw) and pulling. rigged the blend door in the a/c full position until i can get this motor. if anyone works at a ford dealer can you tell me how much this part is? here is the part number. xf1h-19e616-aa
or
r225 a12691
these are the only numbers on the part. not sure which one is the actaul part number.
thanks all for your help.

gbic1
06-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Motor runs about 60 bucks

busa4
06-16-2005, 07:52 PM
thats not bad. i was expecting alot more. thanks

daverbones
11-30-2012, 11:47 PM
I wondering if this same part would cause the heat to blow cold?

shorod
12-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes, it could, if the blend door is stuck in the position that bypasses the heater core.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!