Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Color Options???

002star
06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I bought a Tayima Supra kit and I'm thinking about painting the body. (and yes i'm a noob) What colors does anybody have in mind(becuase i can't think of very many) and what are the processes on painting. Thanks for the help

tonioseven
06-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Supras look great in reds, blues, grey/ silvers, and white. For painting help please check HERE (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=547069&t=9066#post547069) then should you have any further questions, please feel free to present them here so that they may be answered by one of the many fine builders that frequent this forum. Take care!!:)

g00eY
06-12-2005, 05:46 PM
i just painted my F&F Supra silver. if you want you can go see it in the completed and in progress section of this forum. i agree with tonioseven. Supras look great in a lot of colors.

002star
06-12-2005, 05:58 PM
thanks for the feedback......i was thinking like a dark ruby red or a dark pearl blue

Whumbachumba
06-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Those will look good. I'll tell you what NOT to use, bright orange, bright green, and other color schemes from FaF, unless you plan to make rice/replica. The dark ruby red would look really good on a Supra. I painted mine Boyd's Red, don't remember the exact name, and it looks really great.

Technoman
06-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Either of those colors would look great. Good luck on your build...

Jaymes
06-12-2005, 07:06 PM
avoid painting it white if you don't want repeated hassle...lol. I've tried many times to paint it just...just plain white with no complications, yet I have failed all times. It is now sitting in a purple water bath, and I will try again later. I think the problem is that the plastic is dark gray, AND the Supra has so many curves, that when you try to sand the primer/paint smooth, the color wears away at the sharp edges of the curves, giving different shades of white all over the body :evillol: damn you Tamiya Supra

002star
06-16-2005, 10:08 AM
i went to wal-mart and they didn't have the color i want so i ended up picking out some testor painti think. Has anybody ever use that? and then second question. They had a transparent candy red would i spray black under that and would it look good. Like a black with a shiny red color. Thanks

mike@af
06-16-2005, 10:42 AM
I've used Testors, and I absolutely hate it. There primer is horrible. The other paints arent as bad but I still hate them.

If you paint it black, and then spray transparent red over it, it will be black. To create candies they need to have a silver, gold, bronze, or copper style base and then spray the transparent color over it.

002star
06-16-2005, 11:10 AM
ok thanks

Add your comment to this topic!