Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need your help, Oxygen Sensor wires

CanaMark
06-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I need you'r help. Concerning the O2 (Oxygen) sensor on/near exhaust manifold. There are 4 wires on the Bosch 02 unit itself, the wires being White, White, Grey and Black, they go to a connector. My fan blades cut the other half, the wire harness half. On the wire harness half there are 4 wires Black with blue stripe, Green with orange stripe and as far as I can tell a Black wire, and a second Black wire. I basically need to know which wires connect up to each other. I tried every possible combination, yes I did. There are 24 different combo's. Each time the check engine light still stays on. So I guess this is normal until it zero's itself out, and the light turns off. I surfed the web for hours trying to figure it out. But I need someone with a 1993 YJ 4L or similar to physically check. I am getting really bad gas mileage. I filled up 65 Liters (17.2 Gallons) and went 130 miles (209 km) I normally got 250Miles/65L(17.2G)

Bosch O2
White -
White -
Grey -
Black -

Wire Harness
Black (with blue stripe) -
Green (with orange stripe) -
Black -
Black -

rksnc
06-13-2005, 02:30 PM
The wiring diagram I see is
blk = ground
dk gr/ org = 12 volt
blk/dk brn = O2 signal
blk/lt blu = 5 volt

CanaMark
06-15-2005, 10:48 PM
This might be a Jeep Dealership job, I hate getting ripped off. Probably be $200 for an $80 part. They will charge me $100 part and $100 labor. I can't see how its an 1.5 hour job. It will be interesting to see.

I should get a el-cheapo volt meter and check it out. I never thought about that. Thanks man :)

CanaMark
06-16-2005, 07:52 PM
I can only assume the o2 signal changes voltage from a certain range. Am I correct? if so what is the range?

I never even thought about getting a volt meter, thanks again man. I hope this helps me out. I am trying very hard not to just drop the heep off at the mechanic. Gotta start doing things myself now on.

My plan is to buy a cheap digital volt meter, start heep up, leave it on idle. Find +5V then find +12V, then find ground, then find the odd voltage on 4th wire. It will probably change with idle speed, so I will increase RPM and see it change. Then all I need to know is which ones go where on the o2 itself. Which will mean a call up to the o2 manufacturer.

CanaMark
06-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Ok I finally found it.

http://www.miata.net/hakuna/0004/aindex.htm

Bosch premium o2 sensor

Grey = ground to head
White = ground (But not same ground)
White = +12V
Black = Signal

Now I just got to find out where they connect on my heeps wiring harness

Add your comment to this topic!