Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

music poll

Tiburon99
06-11-2005, 08:12 PM
this is a brief poll of what music you guys listen to-

Country

R&B

Rap

Rock

Heavy metal

hippie music

so feel free to post what music you listen to! As for me- country, rock, heavy metal and hippie music. only use rap to tune speakers. becides that cant stand it.

PhlatulentPhreddy
06-13-2005, 10:43 AM
That's my music. Note Buddy Guy doing Money. Then of course there's the Dead, Janis Joplin, and The Band. If it's Blues or blues derived I love it whether it be Mississipi John Hurt singing Candy Man or Thelonius Monk bending chords on a piano like Jimi Hendrix on the guitar. If you've heard of it I probably hate it. I love poetry and feel that Rap deprives itself of an adult audience by it's over-posturing and undescernable lyrics that might be quite good but we'll never know if Eminem is the next Shelley. Rap is not new. The Velvet Underground did it in 66 with The Gift from White Light/White Heat album and Dylan did it on Highway 61 with Subterranean Homesick Blues so the genre goes back aways. Can anybody say Woody Guthrie? I basically like anything that is creative and not pop shit like Michael Jackson or some jerk dancing around like a fool to a drum machine and a band that sounds like a pinball machine. Perhaps it is a pinball machine. You never see the backup band (probably for good reason I should think). Heavily into early Floyd - How do they have a reunion and not even mention Syd Barrett who put them on the map and had more talent in his toe than Roger Waters has. Gilmour's a good guitarist and the rest of the band are good for sure. However, they should have at least gave a nod to Syd. There literally would be no Pink Floyd without him and funny but 1/5 of the songs on their lifetime collection CD set are written and played by Syd. Funny that - don't you think. So he goes down as the Van Gogh of his generation when in fact he had some problems and realized there's a lot more to life than making lots of MONEY and fame is fleating at best and more of a nuisance than one ever could imagine as a child in search of it. FWIW :smokin:

twospirits
07-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Although this is more suited for the Music section, I'll leave it here just cause I am curious as to what the rest of the Hyundai owners listen too.

I added a poll.
Note:
Other language oriented = any music that is other than english oriented like spanish, indian, japanese, reggae etc.
No Music/Newsradio = Just listen to news all day
Other/Not listed = anything else not listed above, please explain.

TS out

Add your comment to this topic!