Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

For all the 4th gens

mr92accord
04-17-2002, 04:31 PM
I have a problem with my bumper lights. After rewiring them (to keep them on with my headlights, or act like fog lights), one turns on and the other doesn't. Sometimes, it even takes a couple seconds before that one turns. And as for the one that doesn't turn on at all, I don't know what's the problem. I know for sure its not the bulb. Maybe its the way i rewired them. Anyone know the exact way to rewire the bumper lights so they stay on and act like fog lights? Also, why is it always one light that turns on?

PLEASE HELP

strodda
04-17-2002, 05:43 PM
how did you wire them? i believe the correct way is to wire the bumper 12v to the inside corner. that way they will turn on with your corners and taillghts. and that i know of you cant wire the bumpers to the outside corner(bulb that signals), because there isnt enough power to support it. if im wrong about that lemme know.

i tried once, wiring the bumpers to the outside bulb and they wouldnt turn on. i checked the wiring with a meter and there is a current, but nothing is produced when i hook up the bulb. im assuming theres a current limit. the corner bulbs are 5w, and the bumpers im using are 21w.

acb384
05-25-2002, 06:13 PM
what i did was wire the big bulbs to a 12v current from the battery and then to a dash mounted switch. i also put a small amber blub in my bumper light aff to the side where there is dead space, so i still have a blinker up there. i wired that to the harness that used to go the the big bulb. also, i custom fabricated a side marker flush into my black molding on the side, in front of the door. thats wired to the same harness. i jsut got the spade type plugs at the hardware store so i didnt have to do any cutting to the factory wireing the only problem is that i permantly have hyper blinkers, the two small 194 bulbs 5w (?) dont draw as much as the bigger one did 21w (?) so they hyper blink to warn me that i have a bulb out.

Add your comment to this topic!