Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1/43 Provence Moulage Subaru Legacy Acropolis 1990

tumbo
06-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Hello All,

Well its my first thread and post so better make it count! This is my current project http://photobucket.com/albums/b292/tumbo_swrt/ a 1/43 provence kit of the first Prodrive Subaru rallied. Markku Alen's 1990 Acropolis car. The car lead after the first stage but went downhill from there.

This is my first resin kit so i've read over a lot of what other builder have had to say about dealing w/ resin so hopefully all foes well. Sorry about the quality of the pics they were a bit of a rush job.

So far all i've done is cleaned up the shell and other pieces but hopefully once exams have finished I can start in earnest. Hope to have more progress soon

cheers

blubaja
06-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey,

Welcome to AF!! Good luck on this. This seems pretty rare to me, I dunno about 1:43 scale that much, but I know the 1:24 scale legacy rally cars are rare. Hope to see some great things from you.

Frank X.

rallymaster
06-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Hello Tumbo,
I have 4 Legacys in my 1/43 collection !
kit is fine, but you have to put a rollcage inside.

If you want some advice about this kit or 1/43 resin don't mind to contact me !

happy building.

Phil

tumbo
06-10-2005, 04:59 PM
rallymaster if you could pm me details on your work especially with regard to rollcage it would be very much appreciated. I have already got a number of pieces to scratch build one but as to accuracy??? unsure

rallymaster
06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
rallymaster if you could pm me details on your work especially with regard to rollcage it would be very much appreciated. I have already got a number of pieces to scratch build one but as to accuracy??? unsure

Ok I'll try to put together some informations and photos.
Please let me this week end to do that.

I have some books to find back, and I must go in the flat where is my collection stcoked, cos' I've recently moved from...

I will try to make photos of my rollcage plan or something like that...

if I take too long, don't hesitate to call me back that point !

my email: phil-c@libertysurf.fr

bye
Philippe

tumbo
06-11-2005, 03:44 AM
Thank you very much rallymaster- as i hope to make this kit as accurate as possible any help would be greatly appreciated

rallymaster
06-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Thank you very much rallymaster- as i hope to make this kit as accurate as possible any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Tumbo, if I could bring any help, that will be with great pleasure !

I found back the kit I started to build; I still have the inside to build but I now have a good reason to finish it ! :wink:

My first advice to make the model as accuracy as possible and make building as easy as possible is to cut the seats to glue them more to the front of the car, because in their original location they seems to be rear seats !!
then you will be able to better place the rollcage.
photos to come soon.

Waiting to be able to let you see my work inside, I put here some pics of real car, showing rollcage and inside details.

photo 1:
you can see there isn't any rollcage cross at the rear of it... you can see too that the rollcage middle part is not exactly in front of doors separations frame and (as subaru Gr. A) there is a little part that make contact with...
(hope what I said is clear... :confused: )

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/502/341625Legacy_1.JPG

photo 2:
the inside, driver side. that shows inside is white and dashboard has many metallic red parts.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/502/341625Legacy_2.JPG

photo 3:
my 90 Acropole version body.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/502/341625Legacy_4-med.JPG

I am building the inside quite differently than I used to aiming to be able to show you the whole rollcage as a unique part, and to give pics about inside details.
I don't have 1/24 hasegawa legacy but a friend of mine has one and I will try to take a look on his kit...!

hope it already helps you
bye
Phil

tumbo
06-11-2005, 04:36 PM
thank you for all the pics so far- and may I just say beautiful work!!! congrats

rallymaster
06-11-2005, 09:24 PM
thank you for all the pics so far- and may I just say beautiful work!!! congrats

Thank you.
well I'm back with new pics, I've almost finished the inside !!
but aiming not to make this thread becoming mine with my pics of my building, I will give you my galley link by PM.

I will make last pictures tomorrow, when having built the rollcage !
(In fact in this goal I am building it out of the kit !! that's very hard...)

bye
Phil

blubaja
06-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey rallymaster,

Is that interior the same for the sweden rally version also? I was lookin for good pics. Thanks.
Good luck agian tumbo!

Frank X.

rallymaster
06-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Hey rallymaster,

Is that interior the same for the sweden rally version also? I was lookin for good pics. Thanks.
Good luck agian tumbo!

Frank X.

if you mean the Camel yellow one existing at Provence Moulage, I hope so ! :confused:
I entended to make same interior in all versions I have to build, except if I can find pics of each.
But I doubt...

I know my pics aren't very good :crying: , but my camera is not very adpated for macro pics, especially 1/43 details, that's the one I use for my rally or hill climb pics !
I will try my best for next ones ! :wink:

bye
Phil

blubaja
06-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Nono...I have the hasegawa 1:24 '92 sweden rally legacy. It has kinda the same livery as the one you showed.

I have this kit.
http://www.linear-photographs.com/sweden/g61.jpg

Frank X.

rallymaster
06-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Nono...I have the hasegawa 1:24 '92 sweden rally legacy. It has kinda the same livery as the one you showed.

I have this kit.
http://www.linear-photographs.com/sweden/g61.jpg

Frank X.

Ouch... oh yes sorry ! it's very late in France and I think I am now a little out of order ! :lol:

but if you have this 1/24 hasegawa kit (very rar, I only ever seen the SWRT 555 version) you may find in the building instructions some details about inside that could confirm I was right (or not? :shakehead ) in my building way...

for example I didn't find any fire extinguishers in my photos, that seems very bizarre...

Phil

tumbo
06-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Hello all,

well with exams there aren't any new pics from me, but I have been granted permission by Phil to post pics of his work at my photoalbum: link as in the first post, all the work in progress there is Phil's- its fantastic!

rallymaster
06-27-2005, 03:42 PM
hello,
I've been very too busy during several days, but I am back !
I have to say that all honnor is for me to see my pics taken by Tumbo for his gallery.
I didn't want to use his thread to show progress of my model but he gently accepted to share the thread and more by showing my pics through his gallery.
so, thank you very much Tumbo !
I am gonna send you last photos of my work on this Subaru...

bye
Phil

tumbo
06-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Hello All,

I am more than happy to have pictures of Phil's fantastic work on my photobucket album. His work is fabulous. I have put the final pictures Phil sentme up, and there is word of a couple more of the interior. Hopefully I can get started on my kit proper now that uni has finished for the semester. On behalf of everyone thanks Phil. Can I also ask what colour metallic red you used for the interior?

Cheers

rallymaster
06-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Hello all, hello Tumbo,
thank you for all these kind words.

in fact I didn't use metallic red for painting dashboard red panels. I put a first layer of aluminium "silver mithril" from Citadel colors and after that a layer of red translucide from tamiya.

I realize that we can't see very well all the red panels of dashboard on my photos and will try to take some other ones soon.

bye
Phil

tumbo
08-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi All,

when i'm ashamed to say that I haven't had much time to do anything much w/ this kit yet. Have decided that rather than making the 1990 acropolis car I will instead transform it into the 1990 RAC, I have some decals coming which will allow me to convert it to RAC guise. Will keep all informed.

ALso have the 1991 RAC car sitting in kit form ready to be built up, still waiting on my rothmans decals tho

kygeorge
08-15-2006, 07:38 AM
hello i have subaru from 1993 the first win mcrae until 2006 .

and i want subaru legacy 1990 , 1991 , 1992 kit built 1:43

and the possum bourne 1999 rally canberra

where i find them?

if anyone can help me pls email me.

kygeorgios@hotmail.com

thanks

malscar
08-17-2006, 02:46 AM
and the possum bourne 1999 rally canberra

where i find them?

try here http://www.automodellistudio.com/

I know you wanted to be emailed, but then how do we promote the good guys out there who come up with these kits?

Mal

tumbo
08-17-2006, 03:17 AM
try here http://www.automodellistudio.com/

I know you wanted to be emailed, but then how do we promote the good guys out there who come up with these kits?

Mal

Dave is excellent and the quality of his builds is fantastic. The decal quality for the Bourne Impreza is also great- and I should know ;)

Zu85
10-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi,i'm new,if you look in my website-space there is one Subaru legacy like them,that i have built.
bye

Add your comment to this topic!