Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no airconditoning

wdy
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Could someone help me out? I have a 97 s-10 with a 4.3, the air conditoner stopped blowing cold air. The compressor kicks on for
about 5-10 seconds then shuts off for about the same amount of
time. I got a gauge on the refridgerant and there is the right amount of
pressure. It does blow slightly cooler but not by much.Any help would be appreciated.

JMouse
06-09-2005, 11:05 PM
what is the pressure on the and the high side, and what is the temperature the day you check it. out side temp effects the pressure. if it falls below 20 psi the low pressure swith will shut off the compressor. and if the high side pressure goes above 350 psi or so, it will also shut down the compresssor. typicaly when the compressor cycles," runs for a few seconds and shuts off" the refregerant is low, because the low pressure switch is cycling.

wdy
06-10-2005, 07:19 PM
The temperature outside was around 90 degrees, I'm in PA. The gauge I have came with the can of refridgerant and only fits the fill valve, I think that is the low side.

rlith
06-11-2005, 06:36 AM
The temperature outside was around 90 degrees, I'm in PA. The gauge I have came with the can of refridgerant and only fits the fill valve, I think that is the low side.

Yes, what is the low side pressure?

wdy
06-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Sorry I thought I had the pressure in the first post.
The pressure reads 30 to 50 psi, it varyies as the compressor turns on and off. thanks

Add your comment to this topic!