Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

two-tone paint job

dopenoze
06-09-2005, 11:47 AM
i need a new paint job for my integra but im not sure what exactly i should get. i dont want to competely change my cars color b/c i dont wanna have to get doorjams painted so i need to stick to something close to red. but my friend who is the one who will be painting the car suggested that i do a two tone black top, red bottom and use the natural body line as the point where it divides. does anyone know if this would look completely rediculous or i might be able to pull it off? i cant seem to find a pic of a black and red one.

CBURKE
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
I have seen it and it's ok. I think it looks better on 240sx's but that's mine 2cents. Just keep it one color.

91accordseattle
06-09-2005, 12:54 PM
i agree just keep it one color.

spaminator
06-09-2005, 02:39 PM
I have a white and black paint job planned for the future and I think it looks sweet. except on mine everything from the hood the roof and the hatch down the middle is going to be black

honda_racing101
06-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey spam, I didn't know you had an Integra. Oh and my take on it, i'd just leave it one color but there are exceptions that I like.

genkichild
06-10-2005, 07:48 AM
So, I was reading an article in HCI or Turbo (forget which, probably HCI) that was all about how candy paint was soooo out and two tone and subdued color is the next big thing for the "import scene". I have never been to HIN and my car is about 40% primer, so I don't really care, but we may be seeing a lot of stuff like this down the road.
(Their example was black top half too, if I remember correctly.)

Add your comment to this topic!