Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Idle and lower rpm accel.

.T.A.L.O.N.
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
I have a 95 talon tsi fwd.
one afternoon i got in my car and my throttle cable was off track all the sudden, dont ask me how, but it was tottaly off. i put it back on and tighted it back to normal. when i started the car it idled really low (200-300rpms) and then die, but i adjusted the idle screw and then it would idle normal after it warmed up. Then i installed a greddy type rs bov and intercooler piping and now its idling low in start up, but then its fine after warming up... but even when it idles at 900 it sounds like its cutting out and sputtering. and even sometimes it idles as high as 2000 and i cant get it to idle lower, its just idles at what it wants too, i have no control, lol. Also when im driving in the lower rpms it hesitates when i press the gas, no matter what gear or speed. But if im above 3000 rpms it dosent hesitate at all. PLEASE HELP im lost.

RSLaser
06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Try udjusting the throttle by loosening the idle screw on top of the TB, then move the throttle cable bracket out, then slowly turn the crew back in all the way, if the rpms go up too much turn the screw back out and move the bracket back just a little bit. And Repeat if necessary.

Add your comment to this topic!