Suspension Lift 98 Rodeo

TuRetz
06-08-2005, 10:03 PM
I have a 98 Rodeo and the stock shocks are still on the car with 124K. The shocks sound beat cause they clunk when I go over bumps and all. I was thinking about upgrading the shocks by just going all out with an entire suspension lift. WHat is the best bang for the buck cause I only want about 3-4". I am currently running 31's. I do mild off roading, mostly loose rock climbing but not very much mudding. I have a limited amount of loot to spend so I am looking for some suggestions of where to go and what to get and some feedback on some products used by other people. Thanks all, Andy

amigo-2k
06-08-2005, 10:17 PM
www.independent4x.com

Matt will hook you up.

TuRetz
06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
I went to that site and that would be prolly my first site to order from from what I have seen. The complete kit is prolly what I would do also. Are there brake line extensions available or do I not need them?? Has anyone else tried this kit and how mu of a pain in the ass is it to install and what else has to be changed?? Also, what is the advantage of the manual hubs???

TuRetz
06-10-2005, 12:01 AM
one last thing, does the 3" kit put the CVs at an extreme angle making them vulnerable at all??

amigo-2k
06-10-2005, 12:19 AM
any lift will cause extra wear on the CV's.

The locking hubs will at least help to stop some wear since they stop the CV from spinning when in 2wd.

Also after the lift you have to have an alignment done or you will shorty distroy your tires.

Add your comment to this topic!