2nd Driver side key hole?

kaldir
06-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey, im buying a 1987 944, and I was wondering what the 2nd key hole on the driver side of the car is. The person that owns it now does not know, and I was hoping one of you might know. Thanks.

930guy
06-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Alarm

kaldir
06-09-2005, 08:27 AM
How does it work, you just turn the key and it is activated? Does the key for the ignition work for the same hole. Cause he does not have a key for it. If anything I will have to get one burned for it.

carsonmx114
06-10-2005, 11:12 PM
i didn't get a alarm key with my car and the ignition key won't fit. the system is simple, i don't think there is a shock sensor, once armed if you open either door or the hood or hatch the horn starts blowing and the lights flash. i found the alarm brain when i was installing chips in my dme unit, its under the wood panel with the dme unit in the front of the passenger footwell.

kaldir
06-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Ah ok. Would anyone happen to know what/where I can go to get a replace ment key for it?

FabricGATOR
06-16-2005, 07:51 PM
I had asked a bit of the alarm system when I went to Vertex automotive in Miami. Alex said that the lock cylinder switch for that alarm has a history of corrosion on the electrical contacts..... so he said to be sure and clean them.

I am going to remove those interior panels for a new speaker install and will address the alarm when I have them off. (PS to remove those panels requires removal of the back windows)

Once inside I imagine I'll be easily able to remove the cylinder and bring it to a real locksmith who can re-key, or make a key to the old key specs.
I do my own lock smithing....... I'd bring a new key blank or two if I didnt know if the smithy had blanks.

Just a few thoughts oozing out of my fingertips........

Hope they help!

carsonmx114
06-16-2005, 08:49 PM
i don't think you have to remove the window to remove the rear panel but i do remember that when you unplug the alarm key the alarm will go off, so you may want to disconnect the battery before you unplug the lock cylinder.

Add your comment to this topic!