Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need people who know about AMPs..got a few questions.

Hpnotiq86
06-08-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm getting 2 10" Volfenhag ZX-4810's (http://tinyurl.com/bq2k9), and I need 2 1200W peak mono channel AMPs...now I know they're going to be expensive, and I do not have a large budget right now. I need to know of GOOD, no-name brand AMPs(Pyramid etc.) that aren't super expensive ($220under I know thats not expsenive at all for this kinda thing but im broek really), to power these beasts. I'm building my own box so that cuts out about $350-400 to spend, so if you guys could HELP me find good low-priced POWERFUL quality amps, im would be VERY thankful, because between work and family activities I don't have too much time to research this.

SO PLEASE, any help or recommendations would be fantastic...

Thanks alot guys. (please attempt to find some deal if you're bored or whatever, please I need some help on this)

http://img47.echo.cx/img47/7484/212866547cg.jpg

david-b
06-09-2005, 08:46 PM
I'll take this one

EBAY

crazzyguydj
06-15-2005, 01:03 PM
You don't need 2 1200w amps btw (way to much), and yea -> ebay

Shpyder
06-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Ok, here's some generic info on amps, power ratings, etc.

Your amp should have 75% the RMS power your sub does. Eg, a 100 W RMS woofer should do fine with a 75W RMS amp. (do not look at PMPO, thats just marketing bullshit...like a number that tells you how fast your car can go downhill, with a tornado force wind at its back, etc etc...ie, the best possible scenerio).

I have heard that Profile makes very good amps for the price... their Clarus series is supposed to be really good. I just blew my JBL, and I might be getting a Clarus...

helliviknow
06-25-2005, 01:59 AM
my cosuin has had great luck with the soundstorm 1400w cheapy amps. I bet you can prolly find em for 150 or under.

To elaborate on what shpyder said. Take the first amp i bought for instance. A 600 watt pyramid super blue. Yeah its 600 peak, but rms is only like 173 watts. Most of the cheapies go that bs peak number and not rms.

The amp I'm running now is a Audiobahn intake series 800 watt mono block. The only diference is thats rated at 800 RMS, not peak. Then again its more expensive. I really don't think you need 1200 peak into each of those. I'm pushing two kicker 12" L7 solo barics with the 800 watt mono block ( 800 rms @ 2 ohm load) and it pushes them more than fine.

I'd just get one for now and try it out then if you really want to add a second. Oh and I'd recomend at least a good 4 gauge amp kit. Peace

scottsee
06-25-2005, 09:06 PM
the best amps you'll find that have proven quality is Soundstream and Profile!

l_eclipse_l
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Why don't you just wait until you have ENOUGH money to buy what you need. Nuff said.

EclipseBoii16
06-26-2005, 02:22 AM
Stay Away, Very Far Away from Volfenhag; Its Flea market garbage(your throwing your $$ away).. Honestly if u want a cheap setup, IMO get a pair of Kicker Comp Vr's 12's (400RMS each) the Dual 2 ohm vers., and they go for like $120ish the pair on Ebay and throw those on an Audiobahn A8000T($150ebay) (800RMS @ 2ohm) and wire them down to a 2ohm load & throw in a 4gauge kit and your set. Have fun fitting the power wire through the firewall. :smokin:

mindtwizzter
07-03-2005, 10:48 AM
go with an autotech...i had an 500 watt autotech with 2 audiobahn 15s and hit 155bd in the car shows....autotech is powerful shit for the $$ i paid 220 at nortons...its not always in how many speakers u have or how many watts its in how u hook it up

fiberglasscivic
07-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow I've never seen such diverse opinions in one thread! Not to diss you for posting here but you may find more info in the audio section of af, but I personally wouldn't go back there for advice if my life depended on it. There are a few jerks there that think they know everything an refuse to belive anything anyone else says. But that's imo. You need to look at your RMS and what your load is. You're looking at a DVC Sub with 4 ohms at each Voice Coil. That mean's that each sub can run at 2 ohms. Your RMS per sub is 600W. That's not bad for the price, but I agree with EclipseBoii16 about Volfenhag. The quality is exactly what you're paying for it. (I know because I've used a lot of their stuff). IMO their right down there with Pyramid, Legacy, and Triad. You can find better quality subs that will fit in your price range. But too answer your question a good 4 channel amp that can run 500-550W RMS x 2 (bridged) would be more than enough to power those Volfenhags. I personally like BOSS. They arn't the cheapest out their but their cheaper than most and their quality runs right up there with the best of them. Check this one out. http://discountave.net/c6bo4chmocar.html It fits what you need and it's in your price range. There's a lot of places out there that you can get good discounts on equipment, you just need to keep your eyes peeled and keep looking. I found a deal on kicker 15" L7's a couple of months ago for $186 per sub guaranteed to be brand new with warranty. It's all about looking in the right places at the right times.

cficare68
07-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Check this place out.

http://www.justamps.com/

Add your comment to this topic!