Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Whats the difference

dedrater
06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I am thinking about buying a mustang and i was just wondering what is the difference between the GT and LX foxbody mustang. I want to work and add alot of performance parts and i was just wondering which year of mustang is the best for tuning. What year has the most aftermarket parts

fordtrucksonly
06-08-2005, 01:38 PM
I am thinking about buying a mustang and i was just wondering what is the difference between the GT and LX foxbody mustang. I want to work and add alot of performance parts and i was just wondering which year of mustang is the best for tuning. What year has the most aftermarket parts

The main differance in a GT and LX is the body kit, I personally like the LX styling more that the GT, but thats just me. And as for a year model, you cant really go wrong with any year model of the foxbody but the 87-93's had EFI,i think the 85 or 86 had direct injection (correct me someone if im wrong) I personally like the 91 model because of styling on the interior, and you can push tons of HP out of them too. I'm just starting to finish up on my little 91 project and its fairing out nicely.

Muscletang
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM

I'm just going to compare the 5.0s on this one and not the I4 LX. The GT handles better and the LX is a little lighter and quicker. That's putting everything very basic and simple.

1990LXDropTop
06-09-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm just going to compare the 5.0s on this one and not the I4 LX. The GT handles better and the LX is a little lighter and quicker. That's putting everything very basic and simple.

The GT does not handle better. The GT suspension/chassis is completely identical to that of the LX.

Muscletang
06-09-2005, 05:02 PM
The GT does not handle better. The GT suspension/chassis is completely identical to that of the LX.

Are you sure because I think the GT handles better and the LX doesn't. The LX though has the advantage and is a bit quicker. This is what I've been told.

351wStang
06-09-2005, 08:26 PM
The suspension on the GT and LX foxbody cars are the exact same. One does not handle any better than the other although the LX (coupe mainly) is a lighter car with the same drivetrain as a GT and is fairly quick stock with t5.

BlackGT2000
06-09-2005, 09:52 PM
As for tuning I personally think the 87-93 are best, although there is a massive aftermarket for any year.

thunderbird muscle
06-12-2005, 06:16 PM
The GT does seem to handle better mainly in my opinion due the slightly extra weight even with the same suspension.

fordtrucksonly
06-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Might be, but ive never noticed it.

83whiteramvan
06-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Are you sure because I think the GT handles better and the LX doesn't. The LX though has the advantage and is a bit quicker. This is what I've been told.
That's what i heard also not just because of the suspention but because of the aerodynamics of the skirt kit..i think they have another purpose other than to look pretty.

Add your comment to this topic!