Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best Plugs / Wires for Tune up???

Buda
06-08-2005, 03:00 AM
Hello,

I have a 2000 Accord V6 and I am pushing 90K miles and Looking to due a tune up before I go on Vaction so car runs smooth and get best Gas Millage I can for trip...

Looking to find out what Spark Plugs / Wires are best for the V6 Accord Engines.

Thanx in advance
Buda

jeffcoslacker
06-08-2005, 04:45 AM
Whatever the factory put on it. Probably NGK or Denso platinum, don't waste money on Iridium or Splitfire or any of that BS, you'll kick yourself for spending the extra money cuz you won't notice any difference, and Honda wires, unless somebody knows a good aftermarket performance brand.

Lots of the "performance" wires sold at parts stores are actually crap, be careful.

Igovert500
06-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah just stick with stock plugs and wires. I would guess your stock plugs are platinum. Copper need to be changed too often and aren't necessary if you aren't high-performance, and iridium aren't worth the extra $$ like jeffcoslacker said.

94 Accord
06-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah I am getting ready to change my plugs, cap, rotor, and wires. I am going to get the stock ones. Seems best to stick with the stock parts. Especially if you are going to keep your car stock and not fix it up for performance.

jeffcoslacker
06-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Honda's OE ignition parts are top-notch. Toyota, too.

94accordlx1
06-17-2005, 08:27 PM
if keeping your car stock stick with stock parts, partialliay modified upgrade you ignition coil.

Add your comment to this topic!