Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mazda 6 EBD and TCS

nshamsi
06-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I am looking to purchase Mazda 6 i model. I have a couple of questions

A) how is the handeling, I heard that it has larger turn radious. I drove one, and it seems okay to me

B) I read that it has EBD [Electronic Brake distribution] and TCS [Traction Control system]. Most other cars like Honda Accord and Toyota Camrey does not have these features. Does these features help?

C) Do I need to do OR know something special to use EBD [Electronic Brake distribution] and TCS [Traction Control system]?

Thank you

Sana

92rs25th
06-10-2005, 07:23 PM
A : The handling is fine. If you get the stock 205 / 50 / R 16 tires then I suggest going to 215 / 50 / 16s , They allow for a little better handling. I have the same vehicle and I can turn a 180 right in the middle of a 2 lane road no problem. I suggest going for some suspension upgrades like I have , better springs / struts and poly-u bushings. Allow for a little better handling.

B : The TCS system is great for rain , snow , or icey conditions. All it does is stop the wheels from spinning out so you don't lose control. The TCS is an excellent feature but if you look to the lower left by the dimmer switch , there is a TCS disable switch so you can peel out as well.

C : It requires nothing special to drive the TCS option. It's more of a safety feature than anything. When it's engaged , You can like be on snow or ice and the wheels will slip a little but then the ECM ( Brain of the car ) Will pick up on the and make the TCS force the wheels to stop spinning out so they can regain traction and control. It won't matter if you mash it to the floor or not , the TCS will stop the wheels from breaking traction / Regain traction.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I've had mine for about 9 months now and I have gone through a lot of mods and upgrades and learning with the 6 i ( 4 cylinder model.)

Raz_Kaz
06-21-2005, 04:30 PM
If you are looking into running into some races, the TCS will definatly kill your take-off. It handles really great and it drives really smooth

Add your comment to this topic!