Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stock recirc valve question

apostrophe28
06-07-2005, 05:15 PM
okay so to start off i have a 93 z32 TT w/ a stillen intake and a JWT ecu running at about 13 PSI.
Under small amounts of boost the turbos do just fine and the stock recirc valve goes off when i back off the throttle or shift like it should, but when i bury my foot into it and the boost peaks at 13psi i can hear a sound that sounds alot like my stock recirc valves but its a constaint hissing .
i doubt its a boost leak because then wouldnt my boost gauge drop? i think it might be that the springs inside the stock valves are gettin old and worn therefore there opening under less pressure then they should making the really loud hissing noise in which case i should look into gettin a set of BOVs, but if it were the stock valves wouldnt that make my boost gauge drop aswell. either way im confused and just wondering if anyone else has this kind of noise happening?

k3smostwanted
06-07-2005, 05:36 PM
okay so to start off i have a 93 z32 TT w/ a stillen intake and a JWT ecu running at about 13 PSI.
Under small amounts of boost the turbos do just fine and the stock recirc valve goes off when i back off the throttle or shift like it should, but when i bury my foot into it and the boost peaks at 13psi i can hear a sound that sounds alot like my stock recirc valves but its a constaint hissing .
i doubt its a boost leak because then wouldnt my boost gauge drop? i think it might be that the springs inside the stock valves are gettin old and worn therefore there opening under less pressure then they should making the really loud hissing noise in which case i should look into gettin a set of BOVs, but if it were the stock valves wouldnt that make my boost gauge drop aswell. either way im confused and just wondering if anyone else has this kind of noise happening?

or it could be that the stock recircs cant handle that much boost due to the spring setting. but maybe your right because i thought the stock recircs can handle 15+psi.

apostrophe28
06-07-2005, 08:17 PM
see i thought they could handle 15+ psi also, but if they were opening partially to let out boost wouldnt my boost gauge dip?

apostrophe28
06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
if the stock recirc valve is the issue what kind of BOV should it get?

k3smostwanted
06-08-2005, 12:19 AM
see i thought they could handle 15+ psi also, but if they were opening partially to let out boost wouldnt my boost gauge dip?
no, not if its holding the boost at a certain pressure. thats why its seeping out. its not letting it boost over a certain amount. could also be the wastegate...

DeleriousZ
06-08-2005, 12:27 AM
no idea what the stock ones look like, but if you're looking for some sort of recirc valve, i saw these on the jwt site.

http://jimwolftechnology.com/customer_part_detail.asp?PartID=458

k3smostwanted
06-08-2005, 12:42 AM
no idea what the stock ones look like, but if you're looking for some sort of recirc valve, i saw these on the jwt site.

http://jimwolftechnology.com/customer_part_detail.asp?PartID=458

that thing looks worthless...i am sure it works but what the hell, looks like something out of a box of toys.

the stock recircs are pretty fancy for a stock BOV...they arent a little elbow plastic piece. :lol:

DeleriousZ
06-08-2005, 12:55 AM
hey man, if it works well, i don't care how it looks

k3smostwanted
06-08-2005, 12:59 AM
hey man, if it works well, i don't care how it looks

:lol:

turbo X's RFL BOV for me...your gonna hear my car coming, i dont care where your at. :evillol:

DeleriousZ
06-08-2005, 01:17 AM
yeah yeah stop bragging... bastard.

k3smostwanted
06-08-2005, 04:59 PM
yeah yeah stop bragging... bastard.

i wasnt really trying to brag...i was just saying recircs arent for me. i want my car to sneeze. thats oen thing i cant hate on ricer's for becaus i also like the sound...

but i can say that i dont like pulling up to a stock GS-T with a BOV and you hear a p**** wshhhh.... thats just stupid...

ExTrEmEDrIfT
06-08-2005, 09:26 PM
hey it says " RECOMMENDED OVER "BLOW OFF VALVES" FOR MAF SENSOR CONTROLLED ENGINES."

k3smostwanted
06-08-2005, 09:27 PM
hey it says " RECOMMENDED OVER "BLOW OFF VALVES" FOR MAF SENSOR CONTROLLED ENGINES."

yeah, it is also recommended that you leave your car stock so it will last longer...pshh...how many of us follow that???

DeleriousZ
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
yeah, it just runs rich whenever the bov goes off, not too big of a deal i guess, but depending on your fuel you might get a little puff of ugly smoke whenever you shift from the super rich mixture...

k3smostwanted
06-08-2005, 11:20 PM
yeah, it just runs rich whenever the bov goes off, not too big of a deal i guess, but depending on your fuel you might get a little puff of ugly smoke whenever you shift from the super rich mixture...

you call it a puff of smoke...i call it a smoke screen to keep cops from seeing me as i gradually gain ground on them. 007 bitches!!!

DeleriousZ
06-09-2005, 12:15 AM
lol... there you have it... always thinking man... always... lol

k3smostwanted
06-09-2005, 03:38 PM
lol... there you have it... always thinking man... always... lol

its what i do best...:D

Add your comment to this topic!