Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help please

DualCarb
07-16-2001, 03:38 AM
I've found a Viper with no hod and some panels missing and the interior ripped, I think I might get it. I've heard the body parts from kits can be really cheap, I was wondering how much panels would be(estimation).
Tks very much

tanjwarrior
12-23-2001, 07:57 AM
I don't know where you heard about aftermarket bodykits, but they aren't cheap. You need to cruise the Net and look around. Personally, I can tell you the the price of a hood from the dealership pays for half a paint job on a Viper.

Viper 10
12-24-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by DualCarb
I've found a Viper with no hod and some panels missing and the interior ripped, I think I might get it. I've heard the body parts from kits can be really cheap, I was wondering how much panels would be(estimation).
Tks very much

Dual:

You better have a very deep wallet to restore that wrecked Viper. Body panels are very expensive. A new hood goes for $17k list, and $11k used. If the Viper that you are referring to has front end damage, you can bet that the doors were impacted too.

The other thig to consider is that with the huge amount of HP and torque on this car that if the frame is tweaked, that the handling characteristics will be adversely affected. This means that the power will bring out the problems that exist and bite you in the rear when you least expect it.

I would recommend that you save your money and buy a used Viper when you can afford the insurance and the repairs. Engine replacements run about $15k.

Let the buyer beware.

Good luck.

Brad

Add your comment to this topic!