Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A/C not working

salhany
06-06-2005, 01:15 PM
I have a '99 Intrigue with the full electronic climate control.

I cannot get the A/C to turn on at all. I set the temp to the level I want and press the A/C button. Over the weekend, the light in the A/C button would flash but then go out, and the air would be blowing out through the upper vents warm.

This morning, I couldn't get the A/C light to flash at all.

The owner's manual indicates that is is occuring because of a low level of refrigerant. But I'm naturally worried about possible more severe problems.

Any thoughts? I do get the dreaded "blower motor squel" in the passager side once in a while, as well as the usual water in the passenger side footwell.

automan25
06-16-2005, 08:38 PM
My A/C also failed to work this afternoon on my way home from work. I've determined that it's probably a faulty temperture sensor for the outside temperture reading, as it was reading 33 degrees F when in reality it was about 75 outside. The temperture continued to read 33 degrees for about 30 minutes of driving after which is climbed about 20 degrees and held steady at 57. At this point the A/C worked just fine. According to the owners manual the A/C compressor won't turn on below 40 degrees. Perhaps you are having the same problem?

As far as the fan squeak, that has absolutely nothing to do with your A/C not working. The water in the passenger footwell may have something to do with it though. The water means that the drain plug for the A/C evaporator is plugged up. As a result your evaporator might be swimming in water rendering it useless. You should find a way to unclog this right away.

Add your comment to this topic!