hold light is flashing

OpFlash
06-06-2005, 11:33 AM
the hold light is flashing on the dash on my 2wd kia sportage any suggestions thanks

Axe Man
06-07-2005, 05:22 AM
Have the trouble codes scanned by Autozone and post the numbers here. They will be formatted PXXXX, where XXXX will be a series of numbers.

The transmission control unit detected some sort of error which is why the hold light is flashing. The CEL should be on too.

Mitzvahsr4me
08-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Hello:

My engine light is on and my Hold light is Flashing, does anyone know what the problem may be??????????

Bill

LMP
08-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Probably a proble with the transmission. You should have the codes scanned. Here is a list of possible codes:
www.geocities.com/lmp4203/kiasport/Kia_Obd2_Codes.PDF

AlainaM
09-24-2005, 10:01 PM
My 2000 kia sportage's hold light was flashing and my car wasn't starting properly. I just replyed to another forum regarding this same problem, but mine came in the orignal form of not starting properly than the hold light kept flashing. I took it into the dealership as we were smelling gas, after already replacing the fuel filter and hoses, the mechanic looked at the actual gas tank and showed me how it was cracked and eroded which was in turn making my car difficult to start. They sealed it with a cement compound temporarily as I need a new tank and my car started up properly and the light went out. I don't know if yours maybe related to the same problem, but it is probably worth checking out. You can access the gas tank on your own behind the passenger side underneath the back seat you will find a compartment that lifts right open to the top of the gas tank. If it is eroded...bingo. Maybe this will help. Damn Kia's.

Add your comment to this topic!