Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cranks but wont start!! Help!!!

nickkalen
06-06-2005, 08:48 AM
I had it parked in front of my house, started it up drove it around back and parked it.I then proceeded to replace a rear wheel bearing. Finished drove it around front parked it until the next morning. Did the same thing and lifted the front end up to replace a roll stopper mount in the rear then noticed the transmission mount needed to be replaced then the passenger side mount was close to needing a repair so decided to replace that too. after all this dropped the car and cranked the engine, it turned over just fine but did not start. Any suggestions of why it may not start, would have any thing to do with the mounts being replaced and shifting the engine around?

nickkalen
06-06-2005, 09:10 AM
By the way the car is a 1996 Eclipse GS.

totaled93eclipse
06-06-2005, 09:21 AM
did you check to see if you have any spark? my buddies talon did the same thing that your car did. on his car the ignition coil went bad. check to see if you have spark and then comment back

nickkalen
06-06-2005, 09:35 AM
i checked the spark and I have no spark but i checked coil with my ohm meter and it checks out fine, any other suggestions?

gthompson97
06-06-2005, 10:49 AM
are you getting power at the coil?? check the connector that plugs into the coil and see if you're getting juice. if not, go around checking fuses that could shut down your ignition.

nickkalen
06-06-2005, 11:04 AM
How would I go about checking the connection? Ohm meter? light tester? And how? theres three separate wires which are ground, signal output and ???? what wire do I hook up to what wire and etc?

Add your comment to this topic!