Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Sephia Transmission removal

tapndog1
06-05-2005, 05:52 PM
I am trying to remove the transmission from this car. I have tried to remove the engine first but it seems to be stuck. Could someone tell me how to disconnect the axles from the transmission. I can probably just pull everything at once if I could figure out how to remove the axles. Thanks.

cbeck
06-09-2005, 10:30 PM
automatic or manual?

tapndog1
06-10-2005, 05:39 AM
automatic or manual?
I already got it out and have put another engine and transmission back in. However, the "check engine light" is on, and the car doesn't seem to want to go into 3rd or "drive". The overdrive indicator on the instrument panel keeps flashing "overdrive off". The button on the shifter for the overdrive doesn't seem to be working like it used to. If I start out in first and manually shift to second everything is fine, but when I put it in drive there is nothing there. I have been able to get it into drive by moving the shifter back and forth a little until it clicks into drive position. Shortly after that though it pops out of drive and back into second. Do I need to have the computer in it reset? I have even replaced the little plug in thing that sits beneath the place where the shifter cable it connected. I don't have a manual and don't know what it is but it could be the modulator. Neither one of them seem to make a difference. There must be some kind of adjustment on this thing somewhere. Got any ideas except taking it to a KIA dealer? FYI it is a 2000 KIA Sephia with automatic transmission. Thanks, Tim.

Add your comment to this topic!