Oil Pressure Reads Low when truck is warm?

oOBounce22Oo
06-05-2005, 05:19 PM
OK so i have a 1993 Rodeo 2wd v6 3.2l When i start the truck up in the morning the Oil pressure reads about 30psi when at idle then when im driving it reads around 50psi. But after about 10min of driving the Oil pressure reads about 1-2psi when idle and only raises to 15psi when driving?

Im running 10w 30 oil in it right now.

Please help me I just got this truck on the street on friday and now i see this happening. Please any suggestions are more than welcome.

Ramblin Fever
06-05-2005, 11:20 PM
What kind of filter?

Sounds to me like there may have been some neglect in proper timely oil/filter changes, and perhaps the pick-up screen is partially clogged from excess crud.

What I would do, initially, is run a good 10W-30 oil with a good Isuzu, Bosch, Napa or Wix filter (not Fram) for say 1K miles or so. Get the engine good and hot, then dump oil and filter, and do the same for another 1-2K miles or so.

Fram, AC Delco and a few others have been known for assisting in low oil pressure.

These engines love good clean, fresh oil every 3K on the dot! And do not do well on extended intervals that so many people do.

Hopefully others will chime in and give their thoughts

Add your comment to this topic!