1995 Isuzu Rodeo Hesitation

v6stang108
06-05-2005, 02:53 PM
My girlfriend has a '95 Rodeo with 150,000 miles on it. The valves on the passenger side have been ticking for the last 15,000 miles. I did the seafoam treatment two times and changed to a highmilage oil and it help, till we went on a LONG trip. Had the timing belt, water pump and tentioner changed and that helped, for about 10 miles then the same old ticking. My question is, it starts to hesitate after about 4 hours of driving at around 3,000-4,000rpm on the highway (70-85mph). It feels like its flooding the engine. Also the gas milage went from about 300 miles per TANK, to about 150-175 per TANK. Has anyone had this problem on long trips? How did you resolve it? Thanks in advance. :banghead:

Ramblin Fever
06-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Boy, that's a big drop in mileage.

I wonder maybe O2 or cat convertor??

Do you know if the spark plugs have been changed in the last 60K or so?

Also are you changing oil/filter every 3K? These engines do not do well on extended oil changes.

v6stang108
06-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Boy, that's a big drop in mileage.

I wonder maybe O2 or cat convertor??

Do you know if the spark plugs have been changed in the last 60K or so?

Also are you changing oil/filter every 3K? These engines do not do well on extended oil changes.

I was thinking the same. I change the oil every 3,000 miles myself with a new filter each time. The spark plugs where changed about 100 miles before this long trip (Portland,OR to San Diego,CA ~1,100 miles). How many O2 sensors are there on these (3.2l V6 2WD). I was thinking two put haven't had a chance to get under the car and look. Also how many cats? And one more wierd thing is we let it sit about two days when we got down here, (still here, San Diego, and leaving in the morning for Portland) and took it out for a drive it did fine all day. It was about a total of 2 hours of driving, stop and go city driving. Gas milage was normal too. Wierd!?! When (and if) we get back I'll get some new O2s on there. Could the Mass Air Sensor have anything do with it by any chance? I was thinking of taking it off and cleaning it like the one on my mustang but I couldn't find one the plastic intake tube. Any other suggestion. Thanks again :)

amigo-2k
06-06-2005, 12:50 AM
could be a stuck injector.

fordtrucksonly
06-07-2005, 12:48 AM
could be a stuck injector.

Exactly what i was thinking. What brand spark plugs did you use?

v6stang108
06-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Exactly what i was thinking. What brand spark plugs did you use?

Well I changed them the first time and then when the Isuzu shop changed the timing belt and tensioner, for some reacon the dude changed the plugs because he siad one had oil on it. :confused: So I don't know what brand. I guess I could take one out and look. I'll have to look into getting new ones (injectors) and putting them in myself. I don't like her mechanic. :screwy: I started this thread down in San Diego and I just got back to Portland and I drove half the way. The half my girlfriend drove she stomped on it and that crap started over again (poor fuel and all). We camped over night at Shasta Lake. I drove all the next day taking it easy (not stomping it at on-ramps and when passing or when going up hills), and got over 300 miles pure tank. CEL never came on and everything went smooth. :uhoh: :confused:
Well, I got a ticket for going 85 in a 70 in northers cali!!!! :loser: :nono:
Thanks for the advice. :)

Add your comment to this topic!