Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine splash shield

kysor_soze
06-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi all!

My engine splash shield fell off last week while driving and I dragged it for a mile before I could stop and check what was wrong.
I had to pull this thing out as an emergency measure.

I am wondering if I can order this part and install it myself without having to lift my car.
How easy or difficult is it to install this shield?

Another question is, a few days before this happened, I had oil pan and oil pan gasket replaced at the dealer. Do you have to remove the splash shield in order to replace these parts?
Maybe the mechanics didn't put the shield back in place properly?

Thanks in advance.

kysor_soze
06-03-2005, 03:01 PM
forgot about my car spec:

2001 coupe ex v6

mpumas
06-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Yes. they need to remove the shield to do just about anything under the engine except for draining the oil, transmission fluid and radiator. Go back to the mechanic and complain. It sounds like they didn't tighten all the screws. Replacements are available at junk yards or from the dealer.

blacknight
06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Yes. they need to remove the shield to do just about anything under the engine except for draining the oil, transmission fluid and radiator. Go back to the mechanic and complain. It sounds like they didn't tighten all the screws. Replacements are available at junk yards or from the dealer.

Exactly what he said.

IT can be ordered separately, but my suggetion is go to a junkyard to get one. I'm sure the dealer will try to rape you if you buy it from them

kysor_soze
06-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I talked to the dealer service center and they replaced the splash shield free of charge.

Add your comment to this topic!