Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

h22 in hatch

h22meangreen
06-03-2005, 12:58 AM
hey i got a h22 in an accord. i thinking about dropping it in to hatch. my question is someone told me that my skunk2 intake manifold wont fit cuz it hits the firewall. does any know anything about. do i have to put my stock manifold back on.

SiGNAL748
06-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Don't quote me on this, but I think its depending on the mount kit you're using in the hatch (You still didn't tell us what generation hatch). The motor sits differently depending on the mount kit you use. Maybe theres more clearance between the firewall and the motor from using a different kit. I'll ask around for you.

h22meangreen
06-03-2005, 05:03 PM
its going in a 92 hatch and didnt buy the mounts yet. any recomendations

SiGNAL748
06-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Can't go wrong with Hasport mounts. As for the Skunk Manifold, I'd ditch that anyway. A far better intake manifold solution is made by Blacktrax. Blacktrax is a shop here in California that specializes in Prelude's (H22). What you do is send them your stock intake manifold and they do machine work on it (porting, polishing, butterfly removal, etc..) . They have special "stages" of work that they can do, depending on your application. The best part about doing this is that you won't have any clearance issues guaranteed, since the dimensions of the intake manifold will be the same as stock. www.blacktrax.net

Contact them, tell them about your situation, and they'll make what you need.

CivicSpoon
06-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Damn, I'll have to tell my friend about them. He wants something better for an IM and he was worried about the firewall clearance as well. Good looking out :bigthumb:

h22meangreen
06-04-2005, 04:31 AM
thanks for all the help. appreciate it

Add your comment to this topic!