2000 Rodeo ( ISC ) Suspension module / HELP

Tobytune
06-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Just bought a used Isuzu Rodeo 2000 V6 4 wheel drive. The ride is horrible. The suspension light is on. The forums say that this might be caused by the worng (non-active) shocks. This has the original ones on it. A friend with a scanner could not find the menu to see the codes for the problem. Is there a module or sensor that goes bad? Is it expensive? Should i try to fix it or just forget the whole computer thing and just put on new shocks. ( and will that help?) It's got 41,000 miles on it. Thanks.

amigo-2k
06-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Thoes shocks are super expensive and are junk.

I would just pull them and add an aftermarket set. The only bad thing is that you will have a dash light on saying your speacial ISC shocks are malfuctioning (since they are not there.)

search are here a bit for more info on this.

Tobytune
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Thoes shocks are super expensive and are junk.

I would just pull them and add an aftermarket set. The only bad thing is that you will have a dash light on saying your speacial ISC shocks are malfuctioning (since they are not there.)

search are here a bit for more info on this.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably wind up doing that but:
The dealer I bought it from said they are willing to REPAIR -not REPLACE- the module that isn't working! Can you tell me what this module is, where it is located, can it really be fixed, and why doesn't the problem show up on the scanner?
Also, I can't find any info on that part anywhere.
With a "fixed' module and possibly new shocks, will I have a smooth ride?
Muchas gracias.

amigo-2k
06-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Fixing the module (don't know where it is at, and I haven't heard of them needing to be fix), you may still find the shocks stink.

Get a price quote from the dealer first.

New shocks (quality ones) can be had for 200-400 installed.

I would just go straight to new.

Dober89
06-02-2005, 10:08 PM
One thing to remember is that normal aftermarket shocks for rodeos wont fit in place of the ISC shocks. A member here on the board found some rancho shocks that fit and he posted the model number for them. For some reason the ISC shocks are a few inches longer than the standard rodeo models suspension.

Add your comment to this topic!