Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

shocks for my cvpi

fbi-interceptor
06-01-2005, 01:54 PM
i am looking for some opinions on shocks. i need rear shocks and was wondering what kind the police would usually use. then i was wondering what after market would be the best shocks for the price? i dont want to spend alot of money on them but i dont want the cheapest if that makes sense. i have a 93 panther, thanks

BiggerJon
06-01-2005, 05:19 PM
get motorcraft pi shocks. they are the best bang for the buck! not too expensive either. make sure you tell them you have the police pkg and you need motorcraft replacements.

anything 'better' than them will be a lot more money and may be too stiff for you.

fbi-interceptor
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
i was going to ask yins about motorcraft shocks. i found them for 22$ bucks a piec online. do u think they r good shocks?

wasabiboys
06-01-2005, 05:47 PM
If they fit fine. I would check out Ebay or in the local area paper/classies for some. I would even try to find some old interceptor with some nice ones in it.

BiggerJon
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM
just make sure they are the pi shocks, you don't want the regular granny shocks in there. there is a difference.

fbi-interceptor
06-01-2005, 09:31 PM
ok guys thanks, i think i will go with the motorcraft shocks and make sure that they give me the ones for the police package

fbi-interceptor
06-09-2005, 10:47 PM
i ended up going with the monroe sensatrack shocks. for the price you cant beat them. 24$ a piece/ then i paid a mechanic i know 30$ to put them on. u cant beat that price

RouterDude
06-28-2005, 05:37 PM
The monroes suck, I was told they were good for the sport, found out they are not. Found some KYB shocks for the same price and they are made for the sport suspension. The price for all 4 plus shipping came to $130 and included 2 free hats.

BiggerJon
06-28-2005, 06:29 PM
monroe shocks are a step up from 'granny' shocks, but a step down if you have a pi/sport/hpp pkg vic.

fyi :2cents:

fbi-interceptor
06-29-2005, 08:21 AM
for what i needed them for it was a good buy for me. there is a local taxi service close by here and the guy at the auto parts store said they use these shocks for all of their taxi's. i mean its not a race car i use it to go to work and sometimes take small trips in.

BiggerJon
06-29-2005, 05:55 PM
i have used them on my previous 2 panthers. they are not a bad shock for a daily driver.

RouterDude
06-30-2005, 03:35 PM
For a standard suspension on the CV and GM, they are fine, but on a sport they plain suck. The car has too much bounce with them, they are just not stiff enough. They are also twin tube shocks which makes them too soft for the Sport. For the same price I found KYB mono tube shocks that are designed for the HPP and Sport models.

fbi-interceptor
06-30-2005, 06:34 PM
well i only changed the rear ones, now if i wanted to go with something different up front would it create any problems? all the weight in this car is pretty much up front. so maybe if i go with a heavier duty shock up front i will be ok. all opinions would be appreciated

BiggerJon
06-30-2005, 07:13 PM
you will be fine getting some heavier duty ones up front. i would not go too nuts up there though. pi shocks max... definitely.

you will enjoy it.

fbi-interceptor
06-30-2005, 08:56 PM
well the monroe sensatrac's i bought were for the interceptor. but do u think i should get a better pair for the fronts? and if so what kind? i want something decent without hurting my wallet

RouterDude
07-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Here, for $34.95 each, they are a great deal. They are police/taxi shocks for the vic.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=KYB-KG5458&x=38&y=13&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

Add your comment to this topic!