Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Flash code 43 on '97 Ram...

DCDodge
06-01-2005, 09:55 AM
CE light came on and when I performed the key test, I got a flash code of 43. Could anyone tell me what this code is? I think it has to do with the ignition coil, but I'm not positive. Also, regarding Seafoam...is it best to run this in your oil or through the tank? I've heard this stuff is amazing so I figured I'd give it a try.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Club Cab 4X4

fredjacksonsan
06-01-2005, 10:11 AM
After doing a Google search("Chrysler code 43"), sounds like a misfire. I'd look into checking the crank position sensor and the camshaft position sensor.

BleedDodge
06-01-2005, 10:21 PM
From Allpar:

* 43 Peak primary coil current not achieved with max dwell time
OR
* 43 Cylinder misfire
OR
* 43 Problem in power module to logic module interface

When I use seafoam I use it everywhere. I put it down the throttle body, in the oil, in the gas tank. Then run the shit out of the motor. Only put it in the oil if you change it right after, because it takes the viscosity out as it loosens everything up. Never had, to my knowledge, any negative effects of using it either.

It will make the motor smoke black. I need to take pictures sometime of my pipes smoking black like that. Looks so cool.

DCDodge
06-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks, guys, I appreciate the info. I've already changed the plugs and wires (with quality parts) and I ran the seafoam through the tank yesterday.
I haven't noticed any missing while idling or driving. Could a clogged injector cause the misfire code or does that first code listed mean that the coil is the problem? After driving all day with the seafoam in the tank and not noticing any missing, I disconnected the neg battery cable to reset the pcm so I'll just wait and see if CE light comes back on.

Add your comment to this topic!