Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Alignment

92rs25th
05-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Ok , I got some problems on my Z31, Brake light switch keeps failing for some reason , speedometer still doesn't work but most importantly my rear wheels are out of alignment. When I bought it the guy had custom suspension put in the rear and it's managed to wear down pretty much all the tread to the inside of the tires in the rear. I was wondering is there any possibility for the rear to be out of alignment or are these tires probably rotated from the front and the front was most likely out of alignment ?

IF either case , How much would a alignment , on avergae , cost for the front and for the rear ?

Thanks - Nick.

k3smostwanted
05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Ok , I got some problems on my Z31, Brake light switch keeps failing for some reason , speedometer still doesn't work but most importantly my rear wheels are out of alignment. When I bought it the guy had custom suspension put in the rear and it's managed to wear down pretty much all the tread to the inside of the tires in the rear. I was wondering is there any possibility for the rear to be out of alignment or are these tires probably rotated from the front and the front was most likely out of alignment ?

IF either case , How much would a alignment , on avergae , cost for the front and for the rear ?

Thanks - Nick.

if the car is lowered...it needs a "camber-correction kit"...when you lower a car the middle of the car sinks in, so this causes your weight to be balanced over the inner side of the wheels. it takes quite a bit of lowering to get the front to do this as bad but anytime you make a change to the ride height of a car it makes the backend sink.

with that said, it probably still needs an alignment...almost any suspension mod you add, the car needs to be re-aligned.

i dont know who makes camber correction kits for the Z31...maybe someone else will. im sure they are out there, though...

Add your comment to this topic!