Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

05 Mustang GT Concept vs. actual 05 Mustang GT

HotRodDreamer
05-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Somethin's been goin around in my head bout the new mustang vs the concept that was shown. On the concept, there's side scoops, which make it easily recognizable as a Mustang...whereas on the actual Mustang, there are bland interpretations of side scoops in the form of molded quarter panels (to bring back memories of side scoops??). On the concept, there's 2 hood scoops, which, IMHO, are very tasteful and bring back memories of the old Shelby's and pull the car together. I could go on about how the concept looked so great and the actual car looks bland as hell, but i'm sure most of you can see where i'm coming from by now. NOTE: I know that concepts rarely look like the actual car in most aspects. I just think that Ford could have tried a little more to make this car it's own generation with the modern (almost near-future) feel of the concept rather than playing off the early Mustangs. Would it be so hard to include side scoops at least, mebbe even those wide tail lights of the concept? Im not tryin to hate on the mustang but i think it would look a lot cooler and not be that hard to make with some more exciting elements.

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 03:25 AM
I like the fog lights of the concept a lot.

bottom line: new Mustang is the hottest car under $35,000 available in the U.S.A.

:smokin:

eillob
05-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Somethin's been goin around in my head bout the new mustang vs the concept that was shown. On the concept, there's side scoops, which make it easily recognizable as a Mustang...whereas on the actual Mustang, there are bland interpretations of side scoops in the form of molded quarter panels (to bring back memories of side scoops??). On the concept, there's 2 hood scoops, which, IMHO, are very tasteful and bring back memories of the old Shelby's and pull the car together. I could go on about how the concept looked so great and the actual car looks bland as hell, but i'm sure most of you can see where i'm coming from by now. NOTE: I know that concepts rarely look like the actual car in most aspects. I just think that Ford could have tried a little more to make this car it's own generation with the modern (almost near-future) feel of the concept rather than playing off the early Mustangs. Would it be so hard to include side scoops at least, mebbe even those wide tail lights of the concept? Im not tryin to hate on the mustang but i think it would look a lot cooler and not be that hard to make with some more exciting elements.

Well I do a agree with you the concept was a sharper looking car, but at what price. I think the additional cost of those eye candy items would have undoubtedly drove up the price and I believe thats what Ford was trying not to do.

TheStang00
05-30-2005, 04:23 PM
if you look at the early mustangs, they didnt have side scoops, they had the line just like the new one. they did that on purpose

stang_racer20
05-31-2005, 01:36 AM
The concept front end was so ugly without the quad headlights. But I did like the concept hood though.

Future303
05-31-2005, 04:10 AM
I thought the Quad Headlights were awesome. I don't like the ones that ended up on the car though :(

HotRodDreamer
05-31-2005, 10:56 AM
I dunno how I forgot about how it would be more expensive to do that, thanks for the replies. It seems like the new Mustang is really a hit, at least where i live. It's appealing to every age group, like how my mom's friend wants one (who's like 40) and my uncle is gonna get one (who's like 50) and i kinda want a red GT, and i'm like 15. It seems the car has everything that anyone wants depending on how you order it...

TheStang00
05-31-2005, 11:01 AM
yep and its got a killer motor. takes well to mods, and large aftermarket

eillob
06-01-2005, 11:04 PM
I like the new cobra, but after looking at the numbers PRO charger is getting out of a stock GT with there supercharger 525hp. Money might be better spent on the GT.

TheStang00
06-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I like the new cobra, but after looking at the numbers PRO charger is getting out of a stock GT with there supercharger 525hp. Money might be better spent on the GT.

swap the pulleys on the cobra and u got 550hp like nothin, its got a ford gt motor, its also got 4 valves and dohc. so there is more potential, not to mention its a 5.4L.

97MUSTANGGT
06-03-2005, 10:48 PM
well the concept is pricelly and nicer but the regular gt has balls.

BigDanTheMan
06-04-2005, 05:14 AM
:useless:

Add your comment to this topic!